Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
SEENYOR MEMBER
7,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I am not a pro, but I have built a few engines.

These pistons came with a part#w4954 groove lock spacer for the oil ring, how the hell does this install?

Here is what it says"Install groove lock spacer in oil ring groove of the piston and slide to bottom of groove. The dimple must be oriented downward and over wrist pin hole. With the dimple facing down and over the wrist pin hole, the ring end gap will be 90* from the wrist pin hole. Install oil ring ring set on top of groove lock spacer."

SO install my whole oil ring set including both the other spacers ON TOP of this spacer?

These Wiseco pistons are starting to worry the HELL outta me, no ring gap specs with the rings that CAME in the box now this.

·
SEENYOR MEMBER
7,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Never mind, I had a senior moment...DUHHH I put 6 inch rods in the motor. The oil rings are in the wrist pin, this is the support for it. DOOOH!

·
Registered
92 Posts
yes you have to put it on the piston before the rest of the oil ring goes on. just be sure to have your piston and rod assembled first or your wrist pin will not go in. not being a smart ass but do you have someone to help you with this build.

·
SEENYOR MEMBER
7,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes you have to put it on the piston before the rest of the oil ring goes on. just be sure to have your piston and rod assembled first or your wrist pin will not go in. not being a smart ass but do you have someone to help you with this build.

LMAO read the above post. I HAD 5.7 rods in it, now 6 inch rods.

·
Registered
13,485 Posts
make certain that the dimple is DOWN and inside the cut away area of the wrist pin.

before install, I allways dress the surface ENDS so that there is no burr sticking up to keep the ring or the expander from rotating. freeely....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts