Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son and I need to get a training certificate for the new Wisconsin CCW Permit. Does anybody have any experience with a company out of Clearwater, FL called Equip2Conceal? They are offering a Level 1 four hour class in our area.

Thanks for the help.

Paul

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
FYI, the DOJ is trying to pull a fast one on this and put all sorts of regulations in place that weren't in the law. Unfortunately, this is what we get for allowing Administrative Code to exist. IMHO, I would wait until they publish the regs and go from there, as it seems there will be more to it than just WI-specific language on the certificate. It looks like any of the current UT/FL/MN courses will be GTG so long as you can get the specific language on the certificate, but I don't trust the DOJ one bit.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
FYI, the DOJ is trying to pull a fast one on this and put all sorts of regulations in place that weren't in the law. Unfortunately, this is what we get for allowing Administrative Code to exist. IMHO, I would wait until they publish the regs and go from there, as it seems there will be more to it than just WI-specific language on the certificate. It looks like any of the current UT/FL/MN courses will be GTG so long as you can get the specific language on the certificate, but I don't trust the DOJ one bit.
Thank you. Some of the courses are offering free updates should something not be included. A lot of people sitting with hunter safety cert's and are waiting to see if they will be honored. The State is planning on 250,000 initial applications.

BTW I spent 41 years in Milwaukee and keep up with JSonline and WTMJ620. Sad deal, one murder after another almost everyday.

Thanks again,

Paul

1 - 3 of 3 Posts