Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have at trans brake wired into the car, it is currently activated off push button on the gear knob, the trans brake is dual function as I need to activate to reverse (Glide) as well as using for launching

I was looking to wire the trans brake into a RPM controller for launching, how do I go about by passing the RPM launch for normal reversing ?

What RPM controller would you recommend ?

Childs guide/drawing for wiring installation would help :rolleyes:

Cheers,
Mark...

·
Registered
295 Posts
you could flick a change over switch to apply power to the button on the shifter for reverse and then apply power to the rpm module when on startline side of switch?

Dan

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't think you would ever see launch RPM's during backing-up!
No my point was or how I was thinking, which now having a rethink maybe wrong !:rolleyes:

So if I install a RPM switch, Will it limit the maximum RPM to the RPM's as on the Chip or will not activate until the chip RPM is met ?

ie If I have a 5,000 RPM chip, does it disengage Trans Brake when 5,000 RPM is achieved.

Or can I release the trans brake button, any where between 0-5,000 RPM ?

If this is not the case, then I dont have the problem I thought I did, if that makes sense

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry for not making it clear on what I was trying to do ?

I was thinking of using a RPM controller, so I could determine what the launch RPM is, when the trans brake is released.

I thought that RPM controller only became active, once the predetermined RPM is met & that these switches work by either grounding a circuit or opening a circuit. So when determined RPM level is reached solenoid is activated, until released. If I use a RPM Switch I assume it will stay powered anywhere above desired RPM , which is not what I want to do, so Not sure if I can do that with a switch ?

My Powerglide also utilise the Trans brake for reversing, naturally I don't want to reverse at 4,500RPM or what ever chip is used :)

If can wire in a RPM Controller for the Trans Brake to release at determined RPM, but not sure about what to do, when I want to reverse ?

Ideally I would like the option to:
a) Select RPM Module when using Trans Brake at the track
b) Use the trans brake for reversing

Will the 2 step do what I want to do ?

Yours Confused . . . .

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Maybe I should forget the RPM switch & just release the button once I have reached the RPMs I want & continue to press the Trans Brake for normal reversing

·
Registered
295 Posts
you could wire it onto the same arming wire for the 2 step mark, so that when the 2 step is engaged it also gives ou a rev limit , only thing in reverse you would have a rev limit but im sure that wouldnt matter, do you run your 2 step through the bs3?

Dan

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I did run it through the BS3, but when I hit the Trans Brake, the motor stumbles almost dies, almost as though it is overfueling..... I have tried numerous things to try & cure the problem in the BS3, but to no avail

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
you don't want to wire the t-brake to an rpm controller. Then you don't have controll of when it launches, it just leaves when you hit that rpm. You want it on a 2 step rev limiter!

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Anytime:smt066

1 - 12 of 12 Posts