Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Best way to describe it, I've converted my stock fuse block to control the street legal aspects of the car, lights, turn signals, dash lights, etc because it shorted out and made the key useless. I found the short after it was too late. :?

Not wanting something like this to happen again and possibly cost me a motor, I'm trying to wire the engine seperate. I'll need to power my ignition, fuel pumps (2), fan, water pump, trans brake, and line lock. As well as 2 stages of nitrous w/ purge.

Should I install a 8 circuit fuse block for this or use a distribution block for power? Should I wire my nitrous system solenoids (5)using its own fuse/distribution block? What size and where should I add relays?

How do you wire the neutral safety switch on the shifter (B&M pro stick) when using push button start? How do you wire the back up lights to work with this shifter?

Pictures and schematics would be appreciated to help show where the wires go. :wink:

Any other ideas?

TIA

·
Registered
613 Posts
Well first off, I think you should not use a fuse block, but that’s me. More times then not a fuse will blow when you need the car the most (Finals). So it would be a good idea to create a distribution point for power. The late 80’s through 97 GM Truck has a nice one on the upper right cowl area. I think you can even get these through a GM dealer too.

As for N20 and Relays, the Schematics found on this forum and on the net are a good source to reference. They are good for clearing up any confusion you may have about how to lay the N20 system out.

For neutral safety, run your start wire through the neutral safety switch.
(This is the wire that runs from the start push button to the start side of the starter),

B&M makes a back-up light switch kit, which comes with an additional switch, all you have to do is run power to one side and your back-up light wire to the other.

I hope this helps, if you have any other questions/concerns, please feel free to ask.
Sparky
www.wiresandpliers.com

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds good, I was thinking a distribution block would be better, but I wasn't sure if it would be the way to go. I also think its cool you gave me a cheap source for them, you probably just saved me alot of money. :-D

What size wire would you recommend from the power source to the dist. block, and from the block to the fuel pumps/fan/water pump/ etc? Where would be a good source for power to the dist. block? I think the stock fuse block has had it lol. :cry:

thanks
lance

·
Registered
613 Posts
Power should come from the Battery with either 6 or 4 Gauge wire. You can usually get away with running 14 Gauge wire to the above mentioned accessories.
Thanks
Sparky

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just wanted to let you know that I got everything wired up and it would not have turned out as nice or as functional without your help.

Thanks Sparky! I owe ya one. :-D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts