·
Registered
495 Posts
Thanks for the info

·
Registered
29 Posts
Ray
Could you please give us a recommendation for a battery for scott's mustang, when I talked to you at grand bend you mentioned to call you to get a part number and brand to use.
It's a 598 big block ford 16/1 compression with a digital 7 box and we do run an alternator. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks Ed

·
Registered
26,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Deka Intimidator 9A34

·
Registered
29 Posts
That deka battery do sell them and how much and in stock??

Thanks ED

·
Registered
26,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Best price on them is usually Remybattery.com or the Autobarn.com . A lot of local dealers will price match them as well. If you can, buy local, as they work for their money.

·
Registered
26,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
9,494 Posts
Is the amperage for the amps from the alternator on this chart?

·
Registered
26,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Is the amperage for the amps from the alternator on this chart?
It is to be used for what ever device you are wring in draws. i.e. if the alternator can produce 160amps, then i would use a 160amps. if it is the power from back to front, add all the devices on the circuit up. Does that make sense?

·
Registered
9,494 Posts
It is to be used for what ever device you are wring in draws. i.e. if the alternator can produce 160amps, then i would use a 160amps. if it is the power from back to front, add all the devices on the circuit up. Does that make sense?
So if it is coming from the alternator back to the car then running everything from off that wire I should add the the alternator amps plus the amps that are going to be running off of it? Like you posted above. The 160 amps plus all the circuits???

Thanks again
Skip

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
Skip, the alt (providing it is a 1 wire) should go directly to bat sized for 160amp if thats the output maybe size it for 200amp so your covered. Size each circuit accordingly, say your installing a power post, the wire from kill switch or bat should be sized to accomadate each circuit on the post including ground length as well.

·
Registered
26,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So if it is coming from the alternator back to the car then running everything from off that wire I should add the the alternator amps plus the amps that are going to be running off of it? Like you posted above. The 160 amps plus all the circuits???

Thanks again
Skip
You have a wire running from alternator to battery, at 160amps. Then a separate wire for all the circuits? Can you do a drawing and post and send it to me. I am not quite sure I am following you.

·
Registered
9,494 Posts
I cant do a drawing. Yeah I can but easy to explain. What I was getting was if I used the alternator back to a junction then to the battery. Then if I had all my circuits on that junction is what I was asking. No I'm not going to do that. Been reading the show your wiring skills thread to much.

·
Registered
26,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Coool, if you had been it would have been 160 alternator to junction block, circuit size from junction block to circuits, and then greater of the two from junction block to battery.

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
you could maybe grind the sides of the terminal to fit in or a possible better way would be to put a firewall bulkhead in, run the 2ga to it then run 4ga from bulkhead to alt. might be a 2-3' 4ga wire and you should be able to find a terminal to fit then

1 - 19 of 19 Posts