Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
with the colder temps my hesitation gas gotten a little more pronounced-I never got rid of it all the way before (Holley HP, LS/Procharged/LS3 heads, intake, Fast 92 MM TB)
I tried a little of everything, but not one thing really made a diff, but a little of everything helped
the blanking on the V2 was supposed to help the off idle problems, but I am not sure how low you can go-they say to low can cause some idle problems-I have it learning at idle, not sure if that is hurting it or not
when I data log it, I can see the lean spike and the map follow it as it hesitates-I tried lowering the AE vs MAP Roc Blanking, and the AE vs TPS, but seems it wants something else-with the 325 gears, there isn't a lot of throttle movement at lower speeds when it does it
WOT is instant, it will blow the tires off until I lift, so its something as in like stopping at a light and taking off, or just a little off/on the throttle
I didn't know if the AE Corrections TPS would do much, I think im at around 300 in the area it hesitates

·
Registered
228 Posts
Have the same issue, more so when in in 3rd gear just cruising. As soon as i touch the throttle it spikes lean for a split second. When i say touch i literally mean like 1-3% tps movement. Don't remember this problem before the V2 upgrade. Nothing serious, just enough to be annoyed especially since i too have tried a little of everything to fix it.

·
Registered
20,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yep, that's exactly what mine is doing

·
Registered
20,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
played with it some yesterday, when I went into the fuel modifiers, fuel control, decel fuel cutoff, it was enabled-I thought I had turned that off, so my thinking was if the fuel reactivation rpm was to high, might cause a hesitation accord. to the Holley man.-I didn't see that it was enabled until I got back though
I went into the AE vs TPS, raised the first cell that would raise, 7 I believe, to like 25 lbs and brought the rest up even, seemed to really help-also raised the first two cells in the AE corr. vs TPS to 300, then tapered down
I messed with the roc blanking but didn't seem to do the results I wanted, if I went to low it affected idle, I thing the man. stated that would happen
it seems like it just wanted a big swing of fuel
one thing I didn't fig out is the man. talked about cells left and right, but when you start at 0, there is no left, only right, so some of it is confusing-the more I play with it the more I learn, or braver I get, lol

·
Registered
228 Posts
Tried putting all values from high to low in the blanking fuel tab with no luck. I think that maybe that's the sweet spot where there isn't a clean exhaust signal for the o2's to read properly. Healthy cam and loose converter, might be the best i will see??

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
1) Try performing another TPS AutoSet when the engine is hot.
2) I wouldn't decrease the TPS RoC Blanking value less than 7.
3) If AE tuning isn't taking effect, the Fuel Table may be too lean.
4) AE can't be tuned until Learning finishes self-tuning the Fuel Table.

For others using the V2 software for the first time, there are three new features that require immediate attention:

1)
I was surprised at how well the new Quick Start "Fuel Prime Percent" feature works (in System Parameters/Engine Parameters/"Enable Fuel Prime"). But be careful with how much "Fuel Prime Percent" you program in. The suggested 200% was too much for my engine (too rich and immediately stalled when hot) because my Cranking Fuel has been increased. I settled at 150%.

2) 60-2 crank trigger users must adjust the new "Inductive Delay" value (in Ignition Parameters/Custom/Configure/Crank Sensor). Inductive Delay now exists for all Crank Sensor Types (including "1 pulse/fire") The default value of 240 usec was too much, and caused a timing advance drift when revving the engine. 130 usec is rock steady for my application ("Enable Static Timing Set" in the "Sync With ECU" drop down menu - top Toolbar).

3) The new "AE vs TPS RoC Blanking" and "AE vs MAP RoC Blanking" parameters need to be adjusted (in Fuel Modifiers/Fuel Control/Accel Enrichment). This is because the first cell value in the "AE vs TPS/MAP Rate of Change" tables are now always set to zero. These first zero cells represent the new "AE vs TPS RoC Blanking" and "AE vs MAP RoC Blanking" parameters. So if you increased these parameters with the old software/firmware version, you'll need to adjust these Blanking values. I settled on an AE vs TPS RoC Blanking value of 10 (however, large mono-blade throttle bodies may need as low as 7) and an AE vs MAP RoC Blanking value of 5.

For very slow TPS/MAP off-idle movement, the new "AE vs TPS RoC Blanking" and "AE vs MAP RoC Blanking" parameters need to be adjusted (in Fuel Modifiers>Fuel Control>Accel Enrichment). This is because the first cell value in the AE vs TPS/MAP Rate of Change tables are now always set to zero. These first zero cells are the new "AE vs TPS RoC Blanking" and "AE vs MAP RoC Blanking" parameters. So if you increased these first cell values with the old software/firmware version, you'll need to adjust these Blanking values.

The AE vs TPS Rate of Change is the easiest to tune:
You can plot an Acceleration Enrichment lb/hr curve by watching the "live cursor" and air/fuel ratio at each TPS/MAP "Rate of Change" cell. This requires varying the amount of throttle to reach each consecutive cell for tuning. Increase the lb/hr value at each throttle point if it's too lean, and decrease the lb/hr value if it's too rich. Tune the "AE vs TPS Rate of Change" in neutral and tune the "AE vs MAP Rate of Change" in gear.

The "AE Correction vs TPS" changes the "AE vs TPS Rate of Change" based on throttle position.
The "AE vs TPS Rate of Change" parameter functions on how slow or fast the throttle is opened.
The "AE Correction vs TPS" parameter functions on throttle position at any particular moment.
So it's possible that two similar data logs or incidents can have very different AE transient fueling.

The latest V2 software can be downloaded here: http://www.holley.com/TechService/Li...#FuelInjection
Read the "199R10632rev4" PDF document for a "V2 Software Update Overview" (in "Holley EFI V2 Instructions").
Be sure to successfully install the new V2 software, before installing the ECU firmware (read "V2 Update Instructions").
Ensure the Holley EFI software is not open and the ECU is not powered on/connected when installing the new software.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
You really seem to know a lot about this Holley EFI stuff. Do you work for Holley?
No, I've just owned every (8 cyl) EFI system they've made.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts