Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how effective do you guys find a wing to be if a car is spinning a little on the top end?????? does moving the wing up to catch more air usually help in most cases????

·
Registered
731 Posts
keeps the car on the ground, i was told it will eat up some of my e.t but i have actually seen improvement because the car stays straight since i put it on

·
Registered
7,465 Posts
Wings add weight. I was told the one I have (Mid South) strutless adds downforce egual to an additional 400lbs. I have talked to a few people that said they picked up some MPH and ET when they removed theirs. I will be removing mine to see what happens.

·
Registered
469 Posts
how effective do you guys find a wing to be if a car is spinning a little on the top end?????? does moving the wing up to catch more air usually help in most cases????
If you have a wing on your car, you better be able to run 7.20 or quicker. Nothing worse than seeing slow cars with wings. :p

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
If you have a wing on your car, you better be able to run 7.20 or quicker. Nothing worse than seeing slow cars with wings. :p
i guess 1/2 of outlaw10.5 cars should remove their wings:smt033:SHTF and every SSO car in NMRA.

·
Registered
3,539 Posts
Rear wing adjustments definitely have an effect on tire spin. All wings are not created equal and react differently.

Our old style "flat" 14" pro stock style wings added about 30-40 lbs at 1 degree. If you adjusted them all higher across the car....each hole upward was worth 30-40 lbs, just the center of the car...slightly less. The new "wickerbill" design can yield more downforce.

Remember.....all gains are progressive.....they start to show on data about 330' and increase all the way to the finish.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well in our case we go 6.60's @ 210... quick enough.. slow poke???:p

·
Registered
10,175 Posts
well in our case we go 6.60's @ 210... quick enough.. slow poke???:p
you're going 210 mph and you're asking us if you need a wing???

·
Registered
10,175 Posts

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
hey he graduated number 1 in his class so he can do that!:p
wats your problem with me u always have something to say when no one is talking to you...... i was asking about the wing for our street car anyways.... but since captain america tried to be funny.......... wats the problem with me putting we.... we are a team

·
Registered
469 Posts
Rear wing adjustments definitely have an effect on tire spin. All wings are not created equal and react differently.

Our old style "flat" 14" pro stock style wings added about 30-40 lbs at 1 degree. If you adjusted them all higher across the car....each hole upward was worth 30-40 lbs, just the center of the car...slightly less. The new "wickerbill" design can yield more downforce.

Remember.....all gains are progressive.....they start to show on data about 330' and increase all the way to the finish.
Should add that the size of a wickerbill can affect downforce, as can the size, shape, and contour of the spill plates.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Should add that the size of a wickerbill can affect downforce, as can the size, shape, and contour of the spill plates.
yeah the one im looking at getting for the street car malibu... is adjustable..... and it comes down on the sides.. down to the tail lights

1 - 20 of 44 Posts