Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
The Warbird
6,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know anything about it?? Its in the Owensboro Ky area.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
what do you want to know ? nice little track, usually hooks good, philip oakley runs it, and is a helluva nice guy. and is a racer. so he KNOWS whats needed, and what racers want. some of the BEST atmosphere you"ll ever be around.

·
The Warbird
6,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what do you want to know ? nice little track, usually hooks good, philip oakley runs it, and is a helluva nice guy. and is a racer. so he KNOWS whats needed, and what racers want. some of the BEST atmosphere you"ll ever be around.
Its possible I will be moving to the area in the very near future for a job in Owensboro and I was looking for info about it, what programs they ran and if there was any heads up index racing in the area. I run 6.0 and am on the ODRA staff and will need a local track to TNT my car every once in awhile if I make changes. What can you tell me about all this? Thanks Bruce

And where NOT TO LIVE would also be very helpful!!

·
Registered
115 Posts
I call it dusty hollow, but it is the closest track to me, Bowling Green is the place around here especially if you want to run quarter mile, Steve basically told you the rest, as far as Owensboro you would need to talk to Bobby Smalls he lives there, I am not sure if he is a member here on the Bullet or not, Owensboro is a decent little town though.
Good Luck and maybe I will see you at the track sometime.
Terry

·
The Warbird
6,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I call it dusty hollow, but it is the closest track to me, Bowling Green is the place around here especially if you want to run quarter mile, Steve basically told you the rest, as far as Owensboro you would need to talk to Bobby Smalls he lives there, I am not sure if he is a member here on the Bullet or not, Owensboro is a decent little town though.
Good Luck and maybe I will see you at the track sometime.
Terry
Im setup to run 1/8th, 5.67 gears with 29.5 tire. I might could put some 33s on it and raise the rev limiter to 9500 from 8500 and get thru the 1/4 LOL! Maybe well see you sometime as well!

·
The Warbird
6,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So the area index classes are 6.50 and 7.50? Sucks all the work I put into running 6.0 and have to move to an area that doesnt run it! But slowing down .5 is easier than going .5 faster!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Nice track run by a racer. Phillip Oakley runs it and preps it well. He runs a dragster and if his pipe rack can get down there in the mid 4's then you'll be OK. Windy is the most friendliest track I've ever been to. We go up there once a year for an all Ford race he puts on. We'll be headed back up there around the end of May...

·
www.429-460.com
3,565 Posts
Nice track run by a racer. Phillip Oakley runs it and preps it well. He runs a dragster and if his pipe rack can get down there in the mid 4's then you'll be OK. Windy is the most friendliest track I've ever been to. We go up there once a year for an all Ford race he puts on. We'll be headed back up there around the end of May...

hell yeah ....some of my fastest times have been at that track !!!!

BBF Bash on May 21, 22 come see the badest fords around ;)

·
Registered
123 Posts
You also have us60 at hadrinsburg about 1 hr it is a nice little track they bracket race on friday and run some street car stuff on saturday 6.50 and 7.50 also, and about a 1 -1/2 hr is ohio valley it is the best 1/8 mi track around here brand new concrete all the way thru the 1/8 they run outlaw race's on the 3rd saturday of the month.

·
Sophomore Member
1,968 Posts
You also have us60 at hadrinsburg about 1 hr it is a nice little track they bracket race on friday and run some street car stuff on saturday 6.50 and 7.50 also,

+ 1 on US60 in Hardinsburg , KY

Got an index race on May 1st...free entry if you purchase a reg. Sat night tech card ($15.00) You could run the 5.90 or 6.10 index. :D

US60 website:

http://www.us60dragracing.com/home.html

·
The Warbird
6,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1 - 13 of 13 Posts