Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last year I finally got my car done.... 4 years later. Bone stock 93 gt that now everythings done.. any ways I got it to the track a good amount of times playin with timing and suspension and everything worked great. Now over the winter I sold the tko and am going to a th400 with a custom 10" 4500 stall. I want to put a small kit on it this summer maybe up to a 200 shot. Motor is a 408 pump gas street car, forged 4340 crank and rods and probe 2618 pistons, afr 205 heads, 950 pro sys, SR 624/624 .50 250/256 108 lobe sep. It is a stock non roller block with a zero balance and would like to know if there is a plate kit that safer then others. I know its all in the tune up but advice would be great.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Steve Johnson real street plate, you will make more power than the rest and have a safer tune up.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Most any plate will work with a small shot.Follow some of the jet spread info on here and start conservatively and you'll be fine.

·
Registered
932 Posts
are you using a stock block or is it aftermarket?your tune will be all the diffrance in how long it will last.
Man you wouldn't believe what some people are doing on a stock block. Only spraying in the 200 horsepower area I wouldn't give it a second thought. Of course if tuneup if bad enough anything will tear up

·
Registered
252 Posts
All nitrous plates are not created equal , I have tested with alot if diff plates same jetting same everything you will make more power with better plates.

As far as non cross bar plates I'd say

Real street Steve Johnson

Wilson 175-375

NOS big shot

There's alot more plates out there but I have worked with those plates directly and I think you will make the most HP for your money with the ones I listed.

We have picked up power just from going from a cheater to a big shot plate.

·
Registered
66 Posts
what year of block is this ?.. either way 200 is nothing to these things .. My c9 block saw up wards of 10 bottles last summer on my small 300 hit and still is like new next year will see what ever a -6an line will free flow and fuel to match...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts