Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
14,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone help me find the dimensions for bore centers, dowel, and head bolt locations for the Windsor SB Ford. I'm trying to make a plate for the flow bench and can't find these dimensions anywhere.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
20,108 Posts
Can someone help me find the dimensions for bore centers, dowel, and head bolt locations for the Windsor SB Ford. I'm trying to make a plate for the flow bench and can't find these dimensions anywhere.
Thanks in advance.
I got it...give me a min to upload

·
Registered
20,108 Posts
all small fords are 4.38 and dowels ect in the same spot...here ya go.........

·
Registered
20,108 Posts
Thanks, this helps but I need bore centers off the dowels. Are they centered on the bolt pattern?
bores are centered, both ways, chambers are different depending upon which head design....they are all centered side to side though

·
Registered
14,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Hey Bill, do you have this print where I can read the numbers?

·
Registered
20,108 Posts

Hey Bill, do you have this print where I can read the numbers?
use the zero reference in the lower right 2.12 up to the center 4.24 to the bolt holes

and across 2.19 to center and 4.38 to first hole

everything else same as head in my drawing

·
Registered
14,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
use the zero reference in the lower right 2.12 up to the center 4.24 to the bolt holes

and across 2.19 to center and 4.38 to first hole

everything else same as head in my drawing
Can you use a dwg file, I have one
PM me an email if you want it
Thanks. Got it done. :smt023

·
Registered
21,313 Posts
Hey cool, I don't suppose anyone has a similar diagram for BBF?

·
Registered
20,108 Posts
but something does not seem correct/..
because if you place the head gasket on wrong, front to back, the bores will not be centered...
because...The way the gasket is made with intake valve notch reliefs. try it with a round bore gasket. (if there is such a thing?)

·
Registered
1,429 Posts

·
Registered
9,494 Posts

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I think there are two main reasons - you'd need a custom intake/cam (the intake and exhaust valves are swapped) and the stock 5.0 block isn't that strong. GM did have the benefit of 50 years of Ford's R&D to build something a little better, after all. But then Ford walloped them again with the Coyote. Can you imagine if that engine was allowed in EMC?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts