Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't use a Hobbs or a window switch on my NOS set up. I only spray in high gear so I haven't worried about it all that much but.....? I have been thinking about adding the window switch, break a input shaft or something and the RPMs are going through the roof before you can lift. Anyone have any pluses or minuses on the window switch?

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
I have one on my car, but havent used it other than testing in the shop. I just bumped it then. I put a 3000rpm chip in the low side and made sure it hit. I also used a test light and made sure it came on and off with the pills I had installed. I have the MSD brand that uses chips. I had to get them to send me directions, because I also have a multi step retard too. The directions that came with it didnt show how to install it with the multi step retard. I also ordered a summit brand digital one at first, I couldnt get it to do anything, except make me mad! Hope I halped some...

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My retard is activated by my solonoids so if I use the window switch to shut the power to the solonids off that should also put my timing back. That was a good point though and I'll be sure to check that out well. Thanks

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
I got mine wired like that as well. I'm not to good at wiring, but with the directions they sent I got it figured out. So, when I reach the low side chip, the NOS is activated and the timing retard pulls out x(chip in retard) amout of timing. I did check to make sure the timing retard worked with the switch installed too, and it does. I havent sprayed my car in years tho. I did all this last year and never tried it. I have the directions in my garage somewhere, if you need any help let me know.

·
Registered
160 Posts
my ignition box has one and i use it. set nitrous to turn off 300rpms below rev limiter. Also nice to set the low side so it doesnt activate right off the line u can set so it rolls out a little to get the rpms up to the set point to come on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts