Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just brought home a new Windham Weaponry WW-15... Anyone have any views or experience with this weapon?

·
cynic/realist
15,961 Posts
Bushmaster people....building a nicer product. Excellent value.

·
time to go racing yet ?
34,847 Posts
odd story , but a few yrs ago i was in vegas at the bellagio buffet, just myself at one of those tables where people sit beside you ... an older guy and another guy sat down beside me , im not one to strike up a conversation but they did, somehow we got onto the subject of guns after a bit they explained that they recently sold there gun manufacturing company and started another with the workers who got put out of work due to the move of the old company. after a bit the older guy said his name and said he was the previous owner of buschmaster for xx amount of yrs and they just formed windham . pretty neat to have an experience like that and of all places a buffet ....

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Decent entry level AR.

The back story of Richard ****, the sale of Bushmaster to Freedom Group and subsequent start up of Windham Weaponry is an interesting one.
Will

·
cynic/realist
15,961 Posts
odd story , but a few yrs ago i was in vegas at the bellagio buffet, just myself at one of those tables where people sit beside you ... an older guy and another guy sat down beside me , im not one to strike up a conversation but they did, somehow we got onto the subject of guns after a bit they explained that they recently sold there gun manufacturing company and started another with the workers who got put out of work due to the move of the old company. after a bit the older guy said his name and said he was the previous owner of buschmaster for xx amount of yrs and they just formed windham . pretty neat to have an experience like that and of all places a buffet ....

SHOT SHOW time?

·
Banned
119,191 Posts
I like my Windham AR15 .

·
Registered
8,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I plan on running about 500 rds out of it this W/E to zero it and break it in. if it's like the old M-16A1 you have to break them in to smooth them out... I remember when they first started issuing out the CAR-15 to the specialty troops, if they even SAW some water or sand, it became a single shot rifle...:rolleyes: Friend of mine recommended this rifle, so I bought one, and then today I bought a Ruger AR-556, so this W/E I'll see which is smoothest etc. thanks for the info... Doc Pete

·
Registered
8,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That buddy of mine from Bragg said almost the exact same thing... He said that a guy could spend a lot more and get much more rifle. So I'll see what happens Sat. am...

·
Registered
8,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was told they were made by the crew that HAD been the "Bushmaster" Co. that was a deciding point.I bought the Ruger because I like the Co. They have alway's produced a good product, so, we'll see.

·
Registered
8,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Decent entry level AR.

The back story of Richard ****, the sale of Bushmaster to Freedom Group and subsequent start up of Windham Weaponry is an interesting one.
Will
That was a big factor in the purchase, that and the fact that a guy I was in the Army with gave it a hardy thumbs up...

·
Registered
122 Posts
They seem to be a pretty well built mid grade ar-15.. i personally never owned one just looked at them in the store. But I quit buying ar weapons they are just to easy to build and get everything you want and its cheaper in the long run.

·
cynic/realist
15,961 Posts
I was told they were made by the crew that HAD been the "Bushmaster" Co. that was a deciding point.I bought the Ruger because I like the Co. They have alway's produced a good product, so, we'll see.
I will never own a Ruger product, due to the old man's politics during the 89 import assault weapons ban.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts