Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22,179 Posts
Model 63 .22 rifle is a dandy of a gun IF you shoot good long rifle shells in it. Not cheap shells or it will hang up.

I want to say that it pre-date's the cute little-bitty Browning .22 semi-auto but I may be off here??

I think that it is being repopped now but not by Winchester??
Anybody know??

If so please come back..

pdq67

·
Registered
970 Posts
It can't be full auto, sure you don't mean "semi" auto ???

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
I remember my Dad saying that he got something installed backwards in his and it emptied the tube magazine the next time he fired it.
Everything else he ever told me was true, so it just may be that the Modle 63s can fire full auto.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I remember my Dad saying that he got something installed backwards in his and it emptied the tube magazine the next time he fired it.
Everything else he ever told me was true, so it just may be that the Modle 63s can fire full auto.
This one don't empty the tube, only if you hold your finger on the trigger

·
"I like money" More Plz!
3,004 Posts
Just started researching these.. I just got my Grandfathers Model 62-22 Superspeed Super-X from my father..

He died when my father was 13-14, so I never knew him... I wanted this gun because My father took me shooting with it and it's what he shot when he bought me my Ruger 10-22 when I was about 10-11...

I can't find a serial number chart to determine how old it is... Anyone have one??

This one is 81xxxA in the serial number range.

I did however find out it's worth a good bit more than I thought...
Mint condition w/ box rifles are listed for $2100-$2500...

Mine is at least in good condition or better... But has a name plate on the side with my grandfathers name and dates he was alive... I'll never sell it anyway though!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts