Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 68 camaro with power drum brakes and i am going to buy a wilwood manual front disc setup. i was wondering what i need for a master cylinder and proportioning valve. also someone was telling me i should change the brake lines because drum brake use a different diameter line. i called the wilwood tech line but i was not too impressed with the guy i spoke to. i figure there are probably a few people on here that know more than he did.

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
I have used the stock Master Cylinder before, But I also prefer to set up cars with a spongy pedal, I like the pedal to have almost full travel before reaching its max braking PSI.. The front Brake Lines will be small and will work just fine, the rear brake line will be a 1/4" line and with a small bore MC will cause the MC to seem even smaller.

·
Read Only
5,341 Posts
Its a bit heavier, but i used a stock master from a 68-72 vette with 4 wheel manual disc brakes. Worked great. I used the stock proportioning valve as well.

·
T/S 368E
35,206 Posts
Its a bit heavier, but i used a stock master from a 68-72 vette with 4 wheel manual disc brakes. Worked great. I used the stock proportioning valve as well.
Actually that's what I did also. It was the trick we did back in the '70's, still works.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.