Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am putting wilwood 4 wheel disc on my vega, what is the purpose of the wilwood dual master cylinder? one for the frt and one for the rear any info would be great thanks

·
Registered
14,846 Posts
i am putting wilwood 4 wheel disc on my vega, what is the purpose of the wilwood dual master cylinder? one for the frt and one for the rear any info would be great thanks
If you truly have two master cylinders, then yes, one for the front, one for the rear. Usually a road race set-up where a balance bar is used between the two so front/rear bias can be adjusted on the fly.

·
YB Managing Editor
51,504 Posts
If you truly have two master cylinders, then yes, one for the front, one for the rear. Usually a road race set-up where a balance bar is used between the two so front/rear bias can be adjusted on the fly.
x2
This popular pedal mounts two brake master cylinders with a bias balance bar. The pedal features all aluminum frame and arm construction with steel pivots, mounting studs, and an anti-skid pedal pad. Wilwood's clevis and pivot pin balance bar provide smooth and accurate settings of the brake pedal bias. It can be set and locked down with the jam nut, or attached to a remote cable for quick on-track adjustments.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Thats what we used on my camaro. We just left the balance bar loose and try doing some faster stops until it felt good and just used jam nuts on the balance bar so it wouldnt adjust itself. With wilwood dynalites on all 4 corners we used 7/8 bore masters and it stops the car effortlessly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts