Yellow Bullet Forums banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
48,027 Posts
So Jim, you feel that the Iran-Contra deal was a "brilliant idea"? Do you know anything about it? It was a collosal failure. We sold arms to Iran, ILLEGALLY. Well, that certainly makes good sense, since the U.S. and Iran are so friendly towards each other.

As Laurel used to say to Hardy, "This is another fine mess you got me into."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran-Contra_Affair

Iran-Contra was just one more example of the U.S. meddling in other country's politics, and Ronnie came off looking pretty stupid, first having lied about it to the public, and then having to back-up when the truth came out. Great presidential leadership, without any revisionsit history poppycock.

By the way, can anyone explaing exactly what a poppy cock is? Do they also have poppy pussys?

·
Registered
26,465 Posts
We sold worthless arms to Iran for their influence in getting hostages out of Lebenon I believe. Then used the money to help the Contras fight communists. BRILLIANT. I could care less if the public knows every piss and shit that goes on. In many cases involving national security, the public needs to know squat. I wish the Clinton administration took Bin-Laden, cut his head off and said nothing. Legal, illegal, in my book, gray area. Poppy-pussy......hmmmmmmmm........

·
Registered
48,027 Posts
This is where we differ, Jim. Legal is legal and illegal is illegal. Neither should be a gray area. As far as the "public should know squat" statement, that's what we have going on now. You have to undestand, what our government does, whether it done in the name of national security or not, cannot be done in secret or under the table, ILLEGALLY. This is MY government, it's got MY name on the door, and I'm not ready quite yet to turn it over to a bunch of corrupt polititions that want to run it as if it was THEIR government.

·
Registered
26,465 Posts
Are you kidding, the public knows everything thats going on now. The CIA leaks to the NY TIMES sees to that, including progams that have uncoverd terrorist plots. Unfortunately there is alot of gray area. We can't even convict murderers when we know they murder. I really believe that some things have to be done in secret if I like it or not. I do admit that I only feel this way toward national security. One of my many personality flaws I guess.hehehehehe

41 - 44 of 44 Posts