Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Mike, it will work. It's just not very efficient running the fuel through the compressor.
Back in the late 70's and early 80's I raced a draw through turbo charged engine. It worked good enough to set a record in the class.
But with todays technology you will be leaving a lot of potential laying on the table. But it will be fun anyway...........

Blessings...........Ron.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It worked on a 565 with regular BB2x and made 1260 hp with 16lbs of boost. That motor had 110 lobe seperation where this is 114. These heads are CNC ported BB2xtra. I will be happy with 1350 with 18 or 20 lbs.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mike, it will work. It's just not very efficient running the fuel through the compressor.
Back in the late 70's and early 80's I raced a draw through turbo charged engine. It worked good enough to set a record in the class.
But with todays technology you will be leaving a lot of potential laying on the table. But it will be fun anyway...........

Blessings...........Ron.
I know what you mean. We have another z-trim and intercooler that we can put on it as a blow thru. I know that it will make 1600 or so with that. We are just trying something different. If it doesn't pull enough air thru that 1250 carb we have a 1500 we can try. We are going to dyno it in the next few weeks. I will post a video when we do so. I only need to run 5.20s at 3000 lbs to be some what competative in the class we are building it for. I also want to drive it on the street some too.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
:) NO DOUBT!! ITLL WORK!!;)

·
Registered
1,802 Posts

This type of draw thru was common in the 50s,60s and 70s,Malaco Brothers had a dual carb,dual turbo draw thru and set the record back then in A/Gas,Supercharged......DON'T FORGET A BACKFIRE POPOFF VALVE OR YOU MAY FIRE THE CARB INTO SPACE......OLDHEAD

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I tried something like that many years ago with a turbo, When it worked it worked fine, when it didn't it blew parts all over the place. I think my issue was heat from the hot side causing preignition in the compressor
This set up worked really good on the other motor, it never detonated. The biggest problem they had was everytime he hit the rev limiter it would throw the belt, driver error. They put a small shot of gas on it and it went in the 4s at 2800lbs. I may be wasting my time, but its different.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Its nice to see something alittle different once and a while.
Also this was used in the 1930s on the Cord and duseinburge?.......The big problem is when you pull fuel in the blower and it displaces some air ,therefor loses about 13% in power,when and if it backfires you do alot of damage..Sorry to rain on your parade....Oldhead

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Also this was used in the 1930s on the Cord and duseinburge?.......The big problem is when you pull fuel in the blower and it displaces some air ,therefor loses about 13% in power,when and if it backfires you do alot of damage..Sorry to rain on your parade....Oldhead
Thanks for the info! She is going to either go or blow!

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
:cool: GO FOR IT!! ITS ALL FABBED UP!! LET IT RIP!! THE ONLY ONES THAT DONT BELEIVE IT WILL WORK, NEVER DID NOTHING OUT OF THE ORDINARY, OR DIFFERENT!! HOTRODDING IS ABOUT DOING DIFFERENT STUFF, AND MAKING THE "IMPOSSIBLE" WORK.....;) 5 YEARS AGO I POSTED MY GOALS FOR MY OL STREET TRUCK, I WANTED 9.20 TO 9.40, EVERYONE LAUGHED AT ME!! TOLD ME I WAS STUPID!! BLOWTHRU CANT WORK, ETC. A MONTH LATER, THE BITCH WENT [email protected]!! IN FULL STREET TRIM!!!:rolleyes: GUESS WHO WAS LAUGHING THEN????:party

1 - 20 of 24 Posts