3,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Engine: SBC 355
Turbo: Borg Warner s475 1.32 hotside, 2.5" crossover
Wastegate: 60mm

·
Registered
411 Posts
Can you put it in front of the y-pipe going into the turbo? Do a 90* off to the side to keep it out of the rad.

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can you put it in front of the y-pipe going into the turbo? Do a 90* off to the side to keep it out of the rad.

I was trying to avoid a huge mess of tubing. its very tight at the merge. If the pic i posted turned out to be a terrible idea ill make it happen at the merge

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
I would say good location if your going to run one each side. If not then get it in the merge.

·
Registered
421 Posts
It would work great if you did one on each side like that. Do you not have room to put it on the engine side of the merge?

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It would work great if you did one on each side like that. Do you not have room to put it on the engine side of the merge?
Its super tight, i would have to do some wierd piping and go straight down from the merge.

Which isnt that big of a deal just a ton more work is all.

·
Drag Week Survivor
14,413 Posts
Not knocking you, i'm just saying that it's a 72 chevelle, there is alot of space under that hood. My setup is a 67 chevelle and I have alot less space. When you start the build you need to invision these things, you can't get to where you are then start to consider that you need a wastegate.

I started with a 38mm WG that dumped back to the exhaust then went to a 60mm dumped to atmosphere. I'm using the same headers you are and a S480 turbo. I'll post a link to pictures, maybe you'll see something that helps.

http://m145.photobucket.com/albums/jrn182/Rick/Chevelle/?src=www&start=all

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, i completely understand that. I have been told by a few that this might work and a bunch of others that say it wont work.

I would rather not make some wild ass tubing at the merge if i can help it. Honestly if its just a bad idea to run the gate like i have it in the picture then i'll prob just get rid of it and buy 2 smaller gates and mount them at the end of each header.

·
TURBOBULLET.COM BITCHES!
6,046 Posts
Only right way... Put another gate on the other bank, or put it on the merge... Do it right and buy another gate...

Will the way you have it drawn work??? No.

Buy another gate!

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Only right way... Put another gate on the other bank, or put it on the merge... Do it right and buy another gate...

Will the way you have it drawn work??? No.

Buy another gate!

LOL, Thanks thats all i need to know.

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I thought you didn't want a mess of tubing??? That would look like quite a jumbled mess!!!

it looks like something i pulled out of the garbage compared to your hotside. :( LOL

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey look at it this way, i provided some cheap entertainment for you guys today.

·
TURBOBULLET.COM BITCHES!
6,046 Posts
it looks like something i pulled out of the garbage compared to your hotside. :( LOL
Is that mild, or stainless??? After you get the turbo and downpipe bolted to it, and get the finished product all together, I think it will look fine.. :party

1 - 20 of 75 Posts