Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Garrett Detroit diesel GTA42 part number: R23528059

1.15ar and .60 ar I really don't know alot about turbos I'm learning. I have been told that this is a 74.5mm inducer not sure on exducer. I'm planning on putting this turbo on a 306 10.1.1 compression motor it has 4340 eagle rotating assembly but a stock block. I know keep boost low. going to be blowthrough with air to air. I'm going to build a dart block 360ci engine later but want to play with the turbo now. I bought 2 of these from a friend. I'm planning on moving up to a bigger turbo later. It also has a split T6 housing. What can anybody tell me about this turbo?? What is the most you can expect out of it?

·
الكتاب ا
6,697 Posts
That 1.15 is going to be a bit large. Might want to source another turbine housing...but otherwise, it should be something you can use well beyond the limits of that stock-block. Got any pics?

·
Custom Engine Shop
3,812 Posts
Depends on what your doing with the stock block.
It will make more than enough power to split it down the middle.

·
Tony McKellar
4,812 Posts
Depends on what your doing with the stock block.
It will make more than enough power to split it down the middle.
It sure will, Junior Ibanez used to run a 306 with a big thumper,it was insane how fast that car was!

·
الكتاب ا
6,697 Posts
Yea man...it'll work like a champ. You'll probably have to turn that small-ish 306 (3" stroke) up a little bit to get the turbo going, and make sure your converter is spot on.

And it will do nicely on your DART 360" motor later on...should get you close to 800hp if you're not afraid to use it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts