Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 3 of 154 Posts

· Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Texas King of the Hill came up with a new set of rule last night to try and increase car counts at the events.

I call it the GMAC rules, it is no secret that Grant has found the combination that has put him so far ahead of the competition that no one else wants to play in the sand box.

So they voted and here is what is happening and in effect at the next race.

Nitrous cars will get a 100 lb weight break (2900 lbs)

Turbo cars add 100 lbs (3100 lbs)
Maximum size turbo will be an 88 MM

Will ORSCA follow suit? It seems that the two organizations have always shared rules so everyone would be legal.

He is your chance to voice your opinion, speak now or forever hold your peace!

· Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
The problem came from the track owners not the other racers.
It is different in Texas, the track pays the purse and the car count has dropped to a handful of cars at some of the events.

ORSCA rents the track from the owners and ORSCA pays all expenses. So they are set up differently, but how long will either organization take losses without trying something to attract more cars and fans?

Who was the top dog back in the day of Fuel Alters? Who cares the class died, we don't want Outlaw 10.5 to be something we tell our kids or grand kids about. I want them to be able to see it for them selfs just like Funny cars are still alive and well.

· Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #144 ·
One reason the ADRL is attracting racers from other organizations is because the cost to be competitive is cheaper than building a competitive car with stock frame rails and firewall.

You can buy a quality ex pro mod or pro stock roller for 40 to 50 grand., put your motor & trans in and race for almost 10 grand to win with all of the contingency money.

I know Outlaw 10.5 racers that have spent over 250 grand on their cars and they will never get close to getting that money back.

And if you ever go to an ADRL race you will see it really is the big time for door cars.
Every trailer is lined up even. The show starts on time and moves quickly, the quality of the cars are 2nd to none, the rules are streamlined, the management is very professional, the stands are packed with fans. It is the closest a door car will be to an event like the pro's in NHRA without spending 3 million a year.

It's Awesome!

I still love Outlaw 10.5 but the ADRL is BIG TIME!

1 - 3 of 154 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.