1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
11,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
waiting to make a pass!
18,370 Posts
Just dont look at that side and you'll never know.

·
Ass, Gas or Grass
17,105 Posts
The tail light is broke...

·
Registered
11,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bent the rear end, and shoved the rear of the body over and 1/2". Bent the front frame by the front suspension mounting points, and the 2 side doors won't shut. And state farm wants to fix it.

·
Shrewd Negotiator
10,058 Posts
It doesn't look that difficult to fix, honestly. Frames are made of steel and steel bends. That's why it's bent in the first place. So it can be bent back. The side panel and fender can be replaced, along with taillight and headlight, blinker, front bumper, filler panel, and the grille.

A competent frame man could have that fixed in a matter of hours, if not less. I've not even seen the frame damage.

·
Registered
11,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It doesn't look that difficult to fix, honestly.

It can be fixed, but not worth fixing, it has 275k on it and the insurance quote was $6500.00 for the repairs. A 06 e150 with that many miles is not worth that kind of money to fix.

·
Shrewd Negotiator
10,058 Posts
When my Blazer was rear ended, the frame bent between the two leaf spring mounting points on one side. I had it back in a couple of hours with no other work done except spray canning the area of the bend because it caused the paint there to crack and flake off.

·
Shrewd Negotiator
10,058 Posts
It can be fixed, but not worth fixing, it has 275k on it and the insurance quote was $6500.00 for the repairs. A 06 e150 with that many miles is not worth that kind of money to fix.

State Farm wouldn't offer to fix it if it wasn't. If the repairs are less than the cost to total the vehicle, they will repair it.

Same thing on repairing it. If the cost to repair sheetmetal is less than the cost to replace the panel with new metal, the panel, i.e. the fender, will get repaired.

You'd be surprised. My '01 Blazer with almost 250k miles was valued at $4k.

I paid that for it in 2004 with 102k miles on it. So when they offered me that as compensation when I blew the engine during a flood, I took it. Bought the truck back for $400, GM reman'd longblock for $1900 and I'm back in business with a reman'd engine with 0 miles and a warranty and money in my pocket. The insurance company even still lets me insure it under full coverage because it was a mechanical failure that caused the total loss, not body and structural damage.

·
Registered
11,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
11,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
11,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Kinda what I was thinking myself, but state farm is dead set on fixing it.

·
Registered
11,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
How did the accident happen, or what hit it?

I hit a patch of black ice on a bridge, and hit a truck sitting on the side of the highway.

·
Registered
11,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sorry that happened to you. Not much you can do when you hit black ice, except hold on.

Hopefully you were not hurt.

Herinated 2 disk in my back, whiplash and screwed up my shoulder, and my helper screwed up his shoulder and neck.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts