Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
draggin' ass
13,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the departure of Ford and his obvious struggles for the last two seasons, will this be his last season? I hate to see a historic name in racing leave the sport (even if only the fuel ranks). I am sure they would continue their interests in other classes. If you think about it from a business case, they may just fulfilling contractual obligations through the end of the season and then putting it all up for sale.

Not to change subjects but JFR is in much the same position to be losing their sponsorship with Ford and Castrol (if memory serves me correctly) but they definitely are not struggling and definitely will be naming a new primary after the season is over as well.

·
Super Moderator
46,559 Posts
He might as well,.....since there's a Tasca GMC/Buick dealership now.

Already has a Chrysler dealership,.........

No such thing as brand loyalty anymore.

·
"Shocks don't matter"
21,585 Posts
With the departure of Ford and his obvious struggles for the last two seasons, will this be his last season? I hate to see a historic name in racing leave the sport (even if only the fuel ranks). I am sure they would continue their interests in other classes. If you think about it from a business case, they may just fulfilling contractual obligations through the end of the season and then putting it all up for sale.

Not to change subjects but JFR is in much the same position to be losing their sponsorship with Ford and Castrol (if memory serves me correctly) but they definitely are not struggling and definitely will be naming a new primary after the season is over as well.
Probably will, he didn't agree to play along like a good little boy with Force's team.

·
draggin' ass
13,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Probably will, he didn't agree to play along like a good little boy with Force's team.
Play along with what? He had a talented team who once was a consistent player at every race they attended. Tasca cant control the loss of Ford to professional ranks. how did Force play along any better then retaining their brain trust?

My point is in absence of this and his struggles to both succeed and find sponsorship, will this be the end for him?

·
Spiritual Gynocologist
80,189 Posts

·
draggin' ass
13,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Shumacker's parts seem much less effective.
I would agree but other teams who use the same AJPE parts are succeeding. I think Schumacher's issues are not as much the same s Tasca's issues.

·
Registered
7,024 Posts
He might as well,.....since there's a Tasca GMC/Buick dealership now.

Already has a Chrysler dealership,.........

No such thing as brand loyalty anymore.
Brand loyalty lol What part on a Funny car or Pro stock car is from said brand? Wait the sticker with the logo..

·
Super Moderator
46,559 Posts
Brand loyalty lol What part on a Funny car or Pro stock car is from said brand? Wait the sticker with the logo..
That sticker and the money that backs it is all that counts. You think if Ford wasn't pulling their money out from Tasca's team, he'd be contemplating "not" racing?

You think Force would be pimping himself out every weekend, trying to convince corporate America that he's still the best, and they should take a shot sponsoring him. It's like he's reading his resume and job application every time he's interviewed.

My dealership reference was me, talking about the whole TASCA FORD history, drag racing since the 50s and 60s. Always in a Ford,....always had a Ford dealership. The largest in RI, and still is.

I doubt Ford loves the idea that one of, if not the most famous Ford dealership's owners, now sell every brand under the sun, that compete directly with them. Sign of the times, I guess.

·
Premium Member
49,715 Posts
The Tasca name has been synonymous with Ford for over 50 years. You don't just walk away or switch from that. I believe the Tasca tradition will carry on in some capacity either by dropping down a few classes or perhaps as a driver or partner with another team.

·
Super Moderator
46,559 Posts
The Tasca name has been synonymous with Ford for over 50 years. You don't just walk away or switch from that. I believe the Tasca tradition will carry on in some capacity either by dropping down a few classes or perhaps as a driver or partner with another team.
Agreed,...and I hope so.

That car in my signature used to run against Bob Tasca's late 60s Mustangs all the time at CT Dragway and NE Dragway,...when it looked like this........

·
Registered
7,024 Posts
That sticker and the money that backs it is all that counts. You think if Ford wasn't pulling their money out from Tasca's team, he'd be contemplating "not" racing?

You think Force would be pimping himself out every weekend, trying to convince corporate America that he's still the best, and they should take a shot sponsoring him. It's like he's reading his resume and job application every time he's interviewed.

My dealership reference was me, talking about the whole TASCA FORD history, drag racing since the 50s and 60s. Always in a Ford,....always had a Ford dealership. The largest in RI, and still is.

I doubt Ford loves the idea that one of, if not the most famous Ford dealership's owners, now sell every brand under the sun, that compete directly with them. Sign of the times, I guess.
I hear you and understand. But the pro classes are a joke .. I ll support small tire racing.. Where I can tell the cars apart..lol

·
Registered
7,024 Posts
Agreed,...and I hope so.

That car in my signature used to run against Bob Tasca's late 60s Mustangs all the time at CT Dragway and NE Dragway,...when it looked like this........

That what I am talking about

·
JACKASS
5,085 Posts
If you guys would have paid attention a few races back, Force announced he and Brittany would be back for at least the next 3 years.
Force said during the off season that after the finals in 2014 that he would announce the next chapter of JFR.
I'm suprised that its been kept quiet this long.

·
Premium Member
49,715 Posts

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
If you guys would have paid attention a few races back, Force announced he and Brittany would be back for at least the next 3 years.
Force said during the off season that after the finals in 2014 that he would announce the next chapter of JFR.
I'm suprised that its been kept quiet this long.
I watch every race, I don't remember hearing that.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Whether or not they continue racing in the fuel ranks waits to be seen. I can tell you that for the past 10 years or maybe more, they've always sponsored a day of Ford Racing at New England Dragway and they're not doing it this year. That day used to be in October but they moved it to August about 4 years ago when the Fun Ford Weekend went belly up. I'm not even going to New England Dragway this summer as attendance at the Ford event had dwindled down to almost nothing. I'll be racing against Chevy's, Chrysler's, and other Ford's at Lebanon Valley's "Musclepalooza XX" this coming Labor Day.

·
Premium Member
49,715 Posts

·
Premium Member
49,715 Posts
There's a Bullet member that's on Tasca's pit crew or knows Tasca in some close capacity, I'm surprised he hasn't commented yet.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts