Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
will he be willing to share what the cars fastest pass was ever on the juice "nos". as most of u know steve ran nos till the end of 07 atleast and maybe some of 08 cant recall? Just was wonder cause he never raced class events on nos...steve will u tell us?

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm pretty sure he ran ez street for altleast half a year with nitrous when he was having blower problems? Won the championship that year I believe?
wasnt sure but thought the same thing damn did he get a handle on the blower in 3 years time so come on i wanna heat the nos et 4.80s back then was flying

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
wasnt sure but thought the same thing damn did he get a handle on the blower in 3 years time so come on i wanna heat the nos et 4.80s back then was flying
When we all ran EZ Street back then he went 4.90's with the nitrous motor. If I remember right it was maybe a 565 conventional head motor.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
We got a handle on the blower stuff pretty quick. Mostly thanks to Chris Tuten. I was a complete boosted and efi moron . I burned his cell phone up pretty good the first few months. We did win the EZ street championship in our first year boosted, and won several races that year with my old nitrous motor. I broke the 522 procharged motor and couldnt afford to fix it, so i stuck my nitrous motor back in the car for a few races. Back then we were going low 4.80's in grudge trim with a single carb 632. and mid 4.90's on 325 radials at 3350. 4.80's back then was pretty fast on stock suspension. Boy was I pouring the coals to it. When we were running EZ street we could only run two systems, So I had 44 -36's in both kits. I miss banging those things through the motor. lol.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We got a handle on the blower stuff pretty quick. Mostly thanks to Chris Tuten. I was a complete boosted and efi moron . I burned his cell phone up pretty good the first few months. We did win the EZ street championship in our first year boosted, and won several races that year with my old nitrous motor. I broke the 522 procharged motor and couldnt afford to fix it, so i stuck my nitrous motor back in the car for a few races. Back then we were going low 4.80's in grudge trim with a single carb 632. and mid 4.90's on 325 radials at 3350. 4.80's back then was pretty fast on stock suspension. Boy was I pouring the coals to it. When we were running EZ street we could only run two systems, So I had 44 -36's in both kits. I miss banging those things through the motor. lol.
Damn steve from 4.80s to 4.30s in less than 4 years in a huge leap hope to see the 20s next month i may be from the north but your style of racing and additude makes you hard to route against

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Thanks man. I just love it. I just love everything about racing. I wanna race every single day. Its nothing for me to be cutting grass and the neighbor hoss the gas on his mower, and there we are, lined up in the the middle of the street. I dont know about 4.20's but Im going to try.

Damn steve from 4.80s to 4.30s in less than 4 years in a huge leap hope to see the 20s next month i may be from the north but your style of racing and additude makes you hard to route against

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
The good ole days. ha

One of the best laughs we still talk about is Valdosta. I rolled through the gate and saw you purging down the nitrous at the far end of the track. We said.....damn that cheatin SOB has nitrous on the blower motor. We walk over and you have replaced the blower motor with a nitrous motor.

Then we all underestimated you in the finals. We figured you'd go maybe low 5.0's. Chad and Monte stayed conservative and you straight drove away from Chad when that 44 came on. We all prayed the sun would set cause you was whoopin our ass when the sun was on the track.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
That dang G body ruined my perfect season.:p Dustin patted the gas on me at the last race of the year in 08. Those were good times

When we all ran EZ Street back then he went 4.90's with the nitrous motor. If I remember right it was maybe a 565 conventional head motor.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Thanks man. I just love it. I just love everything about racing. I wanna race every single day. Its nothing for me to be cutting grass and the neighbor hoss the gas on his mower, and there we are, lined up in the the middle of the street. I dont know about 4.20's but Im going to try.
You da man Stevie! Remember you busting heads with the old s10 back in the day. Everyones but Tuten's haha

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I remember that race. The hood was on the car and the tech folks all ganged around the car. They said that they knew I had nitrous on the car and they wanted to check. When we pulled the hood off and they saw a carbueretor and no blower, they were like WTF.lol
Yall used to kill me when the sun went down. Chad used to say that the orange car was scared of the dark.

One of the best laughs we still talk about is Valdosta. I rolled through the gate and saw you purging down the nitrous at the far end of the track. We said.....damn that cheatin SOB has nitrous on the blower motor. We walk over and you have replaced the blower motor with a nitrous motor.

Then we all underestimated you in the finals. We figured you'd go maybe low 5.0's. Chad and Monte stayed conservative and you straight drove away from Chad when that 44 came on. We all prayed the sun would set cause you was whoopin our ass when the sun was on the track.[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Tuten used to destroy me. We were arch rivals for alot of years. He beat me so many times that I thought there was some voodoo related to the color green. When I sold the S 10 and built my mustang, I looked through a bunch of donor cars before finding one that was factory green inside and out. I knew I was going to paint it, but I wanted that voodoo green underneath. I didnt want to take any chances. lol. Thats the truth . No BS

You da man Stevie! Remember you busting heads with the old s10 back in the day. Everyones but Tuten's haha

·
Registered
7,516 Posts
Tuten used to destroy me. We were arch rivals for alot of years. He beat me so many times that I thought there was some voodoo related to the color green. When I sold the S 10 and built my mustang, I looked through a bunch of donor cars before finding one that was factory green inside and out. I knew I was going to paint it, but I wanted that voodoo green underneath. I didnt want to take any chances. lol. Thats the truth . No BS
Most people think fisherman are the most superstitious people around. Racers are just as bad, if not worse!:p

Congrats on all your success, Steve!

·
YB Monster Crew
9,107 Posts
:lol:

·
Registered
496 Posts
Good times at the hoh! Keep up you blog! Love reading the updates straight out of your mouth. And please kick Tony Bynes ass every chance you get!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts