Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
RED ROCKET
8,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am considering putting a roots blower on my car.motor combo would be bbc 4inch stroke,4.615 bore(535ci),11.5 compression,big duke heads..plan to start with an stripped 871 my brother has with a bird, with hat injectors only...get my feet wet and learn a little before i put a big blower on it,,has a jesel belt and 55mm big core cam,.936 lifters,7/16 .120 wall pushrods..ignition will be a 7531 box for now until i need to stack another box on it.dart alum block with cometic gaskets,

here are the cam specs.
int lift 515 ex lift 510 w/1.7 rocker lift is int .875 ex .867
timing events
int open 28 ex open 93
int close 80 ex close 41

cam is on a 116

installed 4 advanced on my 632 nitrous motor

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
Your going through the same thing I did several years ago. Was running a 632 nitrous motor and changed it over to a 565 ProCharger.
The cam for the 632 nitous motor is not a good idea. It would be a poor performer with your new deal.

PS...the blown alky deal will benefit with more ignition.

That's my recommendation anyway...............Blessings..........................Ron.

·
RED ROCKET
8,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well thats not good..cam was around 500bucks.LOL

·
Registered
254 Posts
Your going through the same thing I did several years ago. Was running a 632 nitrous motor and changed it over to a 565 ProCharger.
The cam for the 632 nitous motor is not a good idea. It would be a poor performer with your new deal.

PS...the blown alky deal will benefit with more ignition.

That's my recommendation anyway...............Blessings..........................Ron.
what do u like better nitrous or blower as far as power.i am not for sure which way 2 go i have only ran NA but want 2 go faster both have there benefits.just would like 2 know your thoughts thanks

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
what do u like better nitrous or blower as far as power.i am not for sure which way 2 go i have only ran NA but want 2 go faster both have there benefits.just would like 2 know your thoughts thanks
ProCharger by all means.

Blessings...........Ron.

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
well thats not good..cam was around 500bucks.LOL

Yea, I know the feeling. I've got one laying in my shop also;).

Blessings........Ron.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Nitrous is a good poweradder but nitrous is getting expensive where I live so I made the switch to blower.

·
Procharger Power
23,972 Posts
i am considering putting a roots blower on my car.motor combo would be bbc 4inch stroke,4.615 bore(535ci),11.5 compression,big duke heads..plan to start with an stripped 871 my brother has with a bird, with hat injectors only...get my feet wet and learn a little before i put a big blower on it,,has a jesel belt and 55mm big core cam,.936 lifters,7/16 .120 wall pushrods..ignition will be a 7531 box for now until i need to stack another box on it.dart alum block with cometic gaskets,

here are the cam specs.
int lift 515 ex lift 510 w/1.7 rocker lift is int .875 ex .867
timing events
int open 28 ex open 93
int close 80 ex close 41

cam is on a 116

installed 4 advanced on my 632 nitrous motor
The intake lobe is close to what we run but the exhaust side is quite a bit bigger. It would get you in the game but like Ron said it wouldn't be optimal. When we fist switched to a Procharger we used our nitrous cam which was a 288 310 on a 114 split and it ran pretty good.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Run it
When you step up with a bigger blower, port nozzles etc you can consider switching then. I'd get my feet wet with what you got

·
RED ROCKET
8,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The intake lobe is close to what we run but the exhaust side is quite a bit bigger. It would get you in the game but like Ron said it wouldn't be optimal. When we fist switched to a Procharger we used our nitrous cam which was a 288 310 on a 114 split and it ran pretty good.
forgot to put the dur.

288/314

·
RED ROCKET
8,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Run it
When you step up with a bigger blower, port nozzles etc you can consider switching then. I'd get my feet wet with what you got
thats what i was thinking..how much hp do you think i could make with 535 big duke motor with a stage 4 bds blower?i am hoping its close to what i make now.

would you do a 4 inch or 4.25 stroke?

·
Procharger Power
23,972 Posts
thats what i was thinking..how much hp do you think i could make with 535 big duke motor with a stage 4 bds blower?i am hoping its close to what i make now.

would you do a 4 inch or 4.25 stroke?
With a tall block there's no reason not to run the 4.250 crank. Our 524 is a standard deck so we use less than a 4.000 crank.

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
I went with the 41/4 stroke.

Will the motor run with that nitrous cam? Sure.......but you'll be blowing so much power out the exhaust it will be pitiful, especially with alcohol. Your tune up will be wacko and then when you switch to a proper cam you will have to start over on your tune up again.

We all make choices for different reasons, especially when it comes to spending money.

Blessings..........Ron.

·
RED ROCKET
8,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
who should i get to design a cam for me ?

·
RED ROCKET
8,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
would be nice if i can reuse my pushrods..they cost a bunch as well.i need to make 1700hp if i do this swap.

·
RED ROCKET
8,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
prochargers are big bucks...the 871,pump and hat are free for as long as i want to use them..and that plumbing and ice stuff looks like a pain.LOL..no one around here even has a procharger..how fast is your procharger combo?and how much maintenence?i run 5.0's(best is 4.98) and been 7.81 with my 632 and 2 32pill foggers.....i have seen where some people are procharging motors as big as my 632 .

1 - 20 of 28 Posts