Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 351w bored and stroked to 410 with 11:1 compression. Aluminum heads 2.08 intake and 1.60 exhaust. Cam is Comp Cams .600 lift intake.

The plan is to switch to a ITB cross ram manifold with PRO-EFI.

I was going to build a lower compression engine so I could run the Torqstorm dual supercharger system (goal is aesthetics more than all out power so please no comments on how much better Vortech and ProCharger are).

If i convert this current engine over to E85 would I be able to run the blowers with this engine??

Another option would be to run an e85 blow through carb but I think the EFI will give me a lot more control in tuning.

·
Registered
4,606 Posts
I run a 12:1 572 hemi on E85 with a 14/71 around 10 pounds boost. I've been as high as 14 psi. Have to watch the timing there though.

·
Son of Mr. David-get it ?
15,664 Posts
Won't know until you try

·
Registered
16,471 Posts
Sounds like this is primarily a have fun go fast on the street car. If so, the answer is yes since you will not be trying to run the levels of boost that you would want/need for a car at the track. Also, running EFI will give you the ability to have a more accurate tuning window.

Just don't try to get too greedy as the tuning window becomes smaller at higher boost levels with high compression.

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
I've put a 6-71 on an engine with 11:1 and pump gas. Just back the timing way off and limit the boost. I ran it way underdriven and it only made 1lb of boost on 28* timing. It's not hard to do but you need to start very conservative and not mess with it once it runs well. Make sure you run it way fat to start.

·
Registered
16,471 Posts
14:1 on pump E85, 18-20 psi via turbo, 500+ whp....

It can be done....with less than 100 cid Honda motor.
I believe this will confuse the OP with an example that doesn't have much in common with his application. ;)

·
Registered
7,063 Posts
short answer yes. if you want the long version post in the supercharger section.

·
Drag Week Survivor
14,402 Posts
I have a 351w bored and stroked to 410 with 11:1 compression. Aluminum heads 2.08 intake and 1.60 exhaust. Cam is Comp Cams .600 lift intake.

The plan is to switch to a ITB cross ram manifold with PRO-EFI.

I was going to build a lower compression engine so I could run the Torqstorm dual supercharger system (goal is aesthetics more than all out power so please no comments on how much better Vortech and ProCharger are).

If i convert this current engine over to E85 would I be able to run the blowers with this engine??

Another option would be to run an e85 blow through carb but I think the EFI will give me a lot more control in tuning.

Yes it can be done.

·
Survived Drag Week 2018
6,378 Posts
A camshaft ground for a blower application would help also.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts