Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can remember when I was a kid and the weekly bracket program was jam packed with cars. I think the heads up classes have dwindled bracket car counts and shown people a more exciting brand of racing. It seems like every week I am catching bracket racing on live feeds with 20K or more in winnings. Is the big money in the bracket game gonna make more guys go that route? Not to mention the cheaper cost of brackets or index racing.

·
Registered
6,918 Posts
Bracket racing is doing fine down here.The big money race in Ardmore OK drew 600 entries.Locally has been doing pretty well also

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Local brackets dont do much. I haven't done a local weekend bracket race in over 5 years. The big money bracket races are where it's at and you dont need a high dollar car to win.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
I can remember when I was a kid and the weekly bracket program was jam packed with cars. I think the heads up classes have dwindled bracket car counts and shown people a more exciting brand of racing. It seems like every week I am catching bracket racing on live feeds with 20K or more in winnings. Is the big money in the bracket game gonna make more guys go that route? Not to mention the cheaper cost of brackets or index racing.
I think the reason is most people can afford to bracket race a car 15 second car or faster , i would think most bracket racers would love to go heads up racing but money plays a factor . I could be wrong but thats why i built a car to go 10.00 index racing .id love to have an x275 car or somthing crazy but i still have a mortgage and put food on the table in my situation with my income .

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Bracket racing, from my experience over the past 30 years, has been on a steady decline. I see car counts going down every year. Yes, the high dollar races are well attended but the normal Friday/Saturday night local programs are dwindling. My 2 cents ... younger people don't have an interest in cars. They are a vehicle to get from point A to point B. We do more car shows now than racing and the age of the owners are getting older and older. Younger generations just don't care about cars as much as we did when we were that age. Stupid millennials screwing up yet another good thing. :)

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Lol. Poor old Tar Heel and those damn kids on his lawn.
Bracket racing is strong around here. As one of those older millennials "screwing things up", I'd say we will help keep it alive. There were quite a few of us at the track this past weekend. Still took 6 rounds to get to the finals on a regular race at Trails. That's with a bigger money race at Dragway 42 (about hour and a half away from Trails).

·
Registered
16,246 Posts
local track had a 5K to win both Saturday and Sunday. Beautiful weather ,and the car count was barely enough (thanks to double entries) that the track did not lose money. For the first race of the season do to Corona , I would have thought the car count would have been much better

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
I index race which is a form of bracket racing (10.00) on a .400 pro tree

what i never understood was the buy backs in the other classes ......i mean you lost your out but you can buy back in ?

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
Buy backs let you have a second chance to race the same day, but they are really about the track making some extra money without having to raise the initial entry fee. It makes up for low car counts at local tracks that are struggling to keep the gates open. Low car count, 2 buy backs, medium car count, 1 buy back. Big car count, no buy back.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
If you don't like buybacks, don't buyback
I index race and my class doesn't have them i just wasn't sure exactly how that worked as we dont run same day as the regular bracket program . As it was explained above it makes sense
and gets some more money back to track as well

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I don’t believe bracket racing is on a decline. People have been saying that for 20 years. But, somehow every year we get more and more big races. The big races, though, pull cars from the local tracks, so it could seem that some local tracks are struggling. Bracket racing overall is doing fine, though.

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
Indy was open this weekend Saturday and Sunday, 2 bracket races. Place was packed Saturday. Used every other lane, social distancing, and no spectators. Big race next weekend too and the circle track has a race then also. Also going to be a bracket race at one of the 2 NHRA national events. (Enter online. before July 13?.)

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
In Ohio bracket racing is far more popular than index or heads up racing. Several tracks have tried to get things going but none have been very successful. Bader brought the Shakedown to the best track in the country and people just wouldn't come. He gets 400+ bracket racers on a regular Saturday points race.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts