Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a twin turbo 355 , twin 60mm waste gates I realise they maybe bigger then I needed but were on the motor, I do not have a c02 controller and really would like to keep it that way at this stage but I am having a problem of not being able to bring boost down low enough on the gate springs while staging and on transbreak to also be able to go as high as I hope, if I changed to a 4 port style reg would that allow me to have a lot more control over it? I would like to be able to come down to 5-6psi and up to around the 30, I currently like the simplicity of my ecu time based boost controller, I just want to try be sure before buying one
thankyou

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
One way to cover a wide range like that with simple controls is to use a light spring that gives the boost you want at launch or less (assuming the gates can actually get boost that low), then use a mini regulator to put pressure to the top ports to increase the "spring." IMO, you still want an MBC on the side ports to make spool up quicker, so you probably want a really light spring in the gates to get down to 6 psi and still have the MBC do something. If your ECU controller blocks pressure to the side port it will work the same way. I'm sure there are other ways to do it, but this is one way that I've used.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts