Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
93,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stolen from www.ADRL.com

Wilburn Welcomes Hooters as PXM Team Sponsor

TUPELO, MS (Apr. 21, 2010)—Pro Extreme Motorcycle team owner and rider Chuck Wilburn is pleased to announce Hooters of America will be riding with him on the Wilburn Racing Suzuki at each remaining stop on the 10-event 2010 ADRL tour.
“Hooters is a perfect match for our race team,” says Wilburn, who will begin flying Hooters colors this weekend in the ADRL Hardee’s Georgia Drags VI at South Georgia Motorsports Park, near Valdosta.
“When we set up our pit at an ADRL national event, our number-one priority is the race fans,” he states. “We want the fans to be able to come right up to our bikes, look at them, touch them, ask questions and even have their picture made with the Hooters girls on a display bike we have set up there. Once we’re at the track, my focus is on two things—the race fans and representing Hooters to the very best of my ability.”
Wilburn, owner of Tupelo Performance Cycles in Tupelo, Mississippi, is ably assisted at the track by his father, Charlie (“Most people call him ‘Pop’ and he works with me at the shop, a jack of all trades, master of most.”) and long-time friend Bill Waldrop.
“Bill and I have been friends for more than 20 years, ran around high school together, college, and then worked for the same company for 15 years or so. Bill is our team photographer; he’s the guy you’ll see at our pit taking pictures with the fans and the Hooters girls on our display bike.”

Wilburn also is proud to field one of the few ADRL teams running a Hayabusa engine in its Koenig-built chassis.
“We were the first team in the country to build a Hayabusa-powered dragbike back in 2001. Jim Koenig built that chassis and he built the chassis we’re currently racing,” he says. “It’s a three-year-old design that Jim refers to as ‘ancient,’ but that old chassis just pulled a 1.05-second 60-foot time on a sub-par track, so the 60-foot is definitely there and the rest of the run showed a lot of potential. Jim says he wants to build us a state-of-the-art chassis but I told him I didn’t think he could do any better than the one we’re on!”
With only three passes on the bike before the ADRL season opener at Houston last month, Wilburn and crew struggled with new-ride gremlins and narrowly missed qualifying for the 16-motorcycle field.
“We got a head gasket on our first qualifying pass and tried to baby it down the track after that to no avail,” he explains. “We think we have the head gasket problem fixed and are ready to put the bike in the field at Valdosta. We can’t wait to try it out again on an ADRL-prepped track and get Hooters into the show.”
(ADRL/McHugh/Richards file photos)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts