Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
SATANS CHILD
15,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just like it says, Who likes what? I know alot of people like that widescreen but I kinda think it's dumb, I spent good money on a 50" tv I don't want 4" on the top and bottom cut out! I'm a Fullscreen kinda guy :cool:

·
Registered
855 Posts
generally when it's "widescreen", that means the program or movie is being shown in a 16:9 (sometimes a bit wider) aspect ratio, and most flatscreen tvs have the same aspect ratio, full screen is generally 4:3, also when you choose widescreen, some of the picture will be cut off on the edges, due to it being zoomed in to fit the screen

you may be able to change a setting on your tv to not get the black marks and not have the edges cut off while going to full screen

·
pist'n Broke
20,943 Posts
generally when it's "widescreen", that means the program or movie is being shown in a 16:9 (sometimes a bit wider) aspect ratio, and most flatscreen tvs have the same aspect ratio, full screen is generally 4:3, also when you choose widescreen, some of the picture will be cut off on the edges, due to it being zoomed in to fit the screen

you may be able to change a setting on your tv to not get the black marks and not have the edges cut off while going to full screen
this may be stupid but isnt it a full screen when its on a hd channel.... and cut short on other channels...:confused::confused:

·
SATANS CHILD
15,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Understand that, I just think it's dumb to have anything cut off weather it's the sides or the top... Everytime I watch a movie I change the pic option so it's fullscreen.

·
Put Custom Title HERE!...
56,427 Posts
Understand that, I just think it's dumb to have anything cut off weather it's the sides or the top... Everytime I watch a movie I change the pic option so it's fullscreen.
I don't even notice those black areas, after the first few minutes!... :smt102

·
Stackin' plates
13,859 Posts

Well stop starin at the fuckin black parts and watch the movie, dipshit.:finga:

·
Registered
855 Posts
this may be stupid but isnt it a full screen when its on a hd channel.... and cut short on other channels...:confused::confused:
depends on how it was filmed originally but yes, a majority of HD shows nowadays are filmed in 16:9 to perfectly fit the newer tvs (which are all 16:9), shows that were filmed several years ago or more, generally show the black marks on the sides of the screen, seeing as it was filmed in 4:3

HD and standard def can get a little goofy on any tv, but with the options new tvs come with, you can basically change any setting to your liking

·
Registered
435 Posts
wide fo sho. if you think the picture is too small, get a larger tv and watch it how its supposed to be.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts