Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How long do the Bosch LSU sensors usually last with leaded gas? I realize there is not set time and it depends on your set up but I have heard they are only good for a few passes and some people say they are good for an entire season. I have searched and could not find a answer on here.

How can you tell when they are bad? Is the AFR just off or does the sensor stop reading?

If it matters, I run BS3 on a tubo sbc with c16 gas. I have had the current sensor in the car for 55-60 passes. I am just wondering if it is still giving me the correct AFR.

·
Registered
9,523 Posts
It depends on the tuneup. Bosch lists sensor life with leaded gas at around 50 hours.

If you have the BS3 with DAI you can look at the UEGO_R. If it stays around 80 or so, the sensor is fine.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It depends on the tuneup. Bosch lists sensor life with leaded gas at around 50 hours.

If you have the BS3 with DAI you can look at the UEGO_R. If it stays around 80 or so, the sensor is fine.

I do have the DAI option but don't have a UEGO_R in my replay config check boxes or log. I have the regular AFR which is R_UEGO_AF and then I have a LO2_Corr and R02_Corr. LO2_Corr is reading a flat line at -100 and RO2_Corr reads 0 the entire log.

·
Registered
9,523 Posts
when the log is up just click "C" and highlight the check box.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
when the log is up just click "C" and highlight the check box.
I know how to check the boxes to log the different options. UEGO_R is not listed in the replay config window with the check boxes though. The only titles that deal with the 02 or UEGO I listed in my previous reply.

·
Registered
9,523 Posts
Sorry about that. In replay mode it is called R_RiOhms.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry about that. In replay mode it is called R_RiOhms.
I thought I was missing something lol. R_RiOhms reads 87-91 in boost during the last pass. It has a few peaks at 104. I don't cut the car off at the end of the pass and don't shift to N and the value reads 78-82 during that time that the car is slowing down.

So I am assuming I should swap it out? You said around 80 is normally fine? Is there a general range that is acceptable or how far can it stray from 80 and still be fine?

Could you also tell me why LO2_Corr would be reading a flat -100? I have closed loop turned off.

Thanks for all your time/help:D

·
Registered
9,523 Posts
If it gets well over 100 then I would worry. It sounds just fine right now.

I assume it is a single O2 box? Left O2 stuff is for the dual wideband boxes. It will always be like that.

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
17,959 Posts
You should get around 100 passes or so out of those sensors.
As long as you aren't tunning closed-loop you don't have to worry about hurting anything.
Normally when they go bad you get errors when they are susposed to be warming-up. Don't know what a BS3 will tell you, but we get heater errors on the LM-1 from Innovate.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Mine must be trashed. This puppy hasn't warmed up properly and showed AFR for a while. It always says.."error pump open" or something similar. Mis-firing probably ended it a little early. I'd say I have 500 miles and 25 passes on mine. Pump/Torco110 gas used.

·
Registered
753 Posts
WBO2 Sensor life

O2 Sensor life will vary depending on a number of things.

- How long you warm the sensors before you start the engine.

- How much moisture is in your engine when you first fire it up.

- What type of AFR you run.

I've got cars out there where the sensors are shot within 30 runs, and others that have close to 200 hits on them. On some sensors you'll notice that as they get older they won't respond as quickly as they did when they were new. The curve is still the same, but the highs and lows are not nearly as high.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts