Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chris,

Have you done any tuning on a naturally aspirated engine with the Innovative Motorsports LM1 Wide Band O2 A/F ratio datalogger?

If so, what are your feelings on the product?

Thanks,

Chris Cobb

·
Registered
7,293 Posts
Yea what he said. LOL. I just got mine fired up last night. if it does not rain, I will be taking it out for some tuning tomorrow.

Bob

·
Super Moderator
35,260 Posts
I think an o2 sensor is a GREAT tool for carburetors. I've used one on the dyno with a carb and I can tell you that you will be shocked at what you might see.... the 02 will tell more than one story.

:shock:

·
Registered
7,293 Posts
Here is a data log from this weekend.

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=268

this is a pretty bitchen toy. I have missed the data logging that I used to do with my EFI motor, I learned a lot about how motors work by logging all these things & then making changes & seeing how it affected the logs as well as the time slip.

Bob

·
Registered
7,293 Posts
Well, lets get into this a little bit.

I took those bleeds out of one side of the carb last night & brought them into work. I put them into ziplock baggies to keep them seperated, but managed to mix them up :evil:

in any case, my bore gauges only go down to .070 & the larger of the bleeds are .075 & .078 (as I said only one side of the carb). the smaller ones I tried to measure with a Mic & am guessing are about .058 I think I might have something @ home to accurately measure the smaller of them.

So as you can see in my log, it goes REALLY lean as I step into the throttle, but then goes really fat as it goes onto the main jets. I think you said that the outter bleeds are for the idle, so the inner ones are the high speed bleeds?

so should I go smaller on the idle bleeds to fatten it up down low & then also smaller on the high speed bleeds to lean it out @ the top end? or do I have it backwards?

I went through my old Holley book last night, but it does not go into any kind of depth on the bleeds, it only briefly talks about it helping emulsify the fuel & that it allows air through the transition slot @ small throttle openings but brings the fuel up through the booster when the throttle is wide open.

Bob

·
Registered
7,293 Posts
Oh yea, & that was the leanest of the runs of the day. the majority of them were in the low 11's, high 10's. Im not sure why this one went up as high as it did.

one more thing, what should the AFR be @ idle? as Im sure most folks do I dial in the mixture screws by tuning them in for best vacuum/highest idle, but now that I have the WBO2, it seems that I can get away with more precision.

Bob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts