Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Given the choice wich tire has the best overall et potential. 28-10.5 Micky Thompson or 325/50/15 MT drag radial 3000. lb car 1200 hp.?

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i guess the best for even the bigger radial is what 7.38

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
but isn't the radial more tricky to launch

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
but isn't the radial more tricky to launch
Yup, but once you get the hang of them most don't go back to slicks and can get the radials to work just about as well. I have never had slicks on my car, there is some in car stuff on Youtube from last year were I never turn the wheel going down the track. All in all it will be a personal preference.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
that is what i am finding and i am trying to decide wether to go back to the slick

·
Registered
243 Posts
i would choose the DR over the slick any day. we had slicks on our car for one race and it didn't drive the same. and i know a few other DR guys have had issues with the slicks on the big end also. a lot of swaying

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
i had no luck whatsoever with the 325/50/15, matter of fact they were so bad I bought a new set thinking the ones I had were from a bad batch or something.

For around here on the craptastic tracks and not shaking my teeth out every other pass I'll take the slicks.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i do like how they drive and when i have to chase the car it realy feels more stable but i just am having a hard time getting them to hook on a bad track

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
325/50/15 micky thompson drag radial

·
Senior Frog
10,345 Posts
Doesnt it depend on what class your runnin ?
325s work well and last a long time I took mine off after 30 runs
and was still hooking in the 1.20s before I roasted my engine..
It seems the stock suspention slick cars wonder alot more down the track than a DR does porlly because of the sidewalls

·
ls1 s/s notch on 28s
25,933 Posts
i'm sure if you ask for help in the stock suspension tech area here which is pretty much yb's drag radial tech area you will get some help on getting the car to hook.

just list the suspension shit and your 60's an other details and you will get help.

dr's hook once you got them figured out..its not like the old days where a 1.20 60ft was un heard of..now if you aint low 1.20s or high teens well you either aint making the power or your suspension is jacked up..

look at vid of some of the top radial guys and just look out smooth they come out the hole an stuff...on a hot tricky day the radials can give you problems but most the time they work and will be consistant

·
...failure to communicate
4,872 Posts
Reagarding the top end sway on slicks....

Has anyone tried running the radial slicks (instead of bias ply)??? Might be a bit stiffer on launch than the bias ply, but probably no more so than a drag radial right?

Just curious.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts