1 - 20 of 165 Posts

·
Bracket racer
5,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
515 Posts
This should be fun lol. I enjoy both sides of the coin. Cant afford to do either at them moment. Personally I just enjoy going fast at the track over the completion so to speak. I understand the bracket racing and the numbers side of it.

·
Jackass Whisperer
1,922 Posts
couldn't have said it better myself. I only made about 9 passes at the No box Bonanza a couple of weeks ago. But we made some stories we'll be telling our grandkids about.

·
Registered
13,634 Posts
Golf is hard too.............................................................................and I'm not interested in the least.

·
Jackass Whisperer
1,922 Posts
I think the Sunday morning 4 am drunken impromptu barbque was my favorite highlight of the weekend.

·
Jackass Whisperer
1,922 Posts
I am not a proponent either way. I am just a fan of all racing. I enjoyed the article, though.

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
Wouldn't open for me, but I like bracket racing.......the guy with the most money doesn't always win. I got out of racing in the 70's as a youngster, because I had no hope of being competitive. Bracket racing gives everyone (well almost) a chance to win.

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
I would rather grudge and run the radial out the back door anytime. Bracket racing is a domesticated form of racing. Don't get me wrong - I enjoy all drag racing but heads up is where it is at for me.;)

·
Registered
312 Posts
[ bracket racing.......the guy with the most money doesn't always win. Bracket racing gives everyone (well almost) a chance to win.[/QUOTE]

Well put !

·
Registered
370 Posts
love going faster and tuning shit to work .
trying to keep up with the rules and constant up grades and class changes .
nah . its funny though most bracket guys have all the respect in the world for the heads up guys .
but very seldom will one come on here and say the opposite .
i'll bet the lights would be way better if some bracket guys got behind the wheel .

·
AG Jeff is my Hero
6,333 Posts
I enjoy most forms of drag racing I think it's exciting to watch the heads-up guys go at itone thing's for sure though I can not stand throttle stop cars

·
The Murder Smurf
1,482 Posts
Bracket racers are up! Time to go get a cold pop and wait for the fun cars son.

Nothing is more boring to watch or do then bracket race. I'd rather be a middle pack heads up car, then have a 33x15 tire to run a 10.60 with open headers and talk about how bad ass I am.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have only been to one heads up race besides the big Nhra shows. At that one heads up race though every single person that made it to even the quater finals was sandbagging big time. They had to in order to be competitive. You get into a class that's 11.50-12.99 and your car typically runs a 12 flat then you don't have a prayer. So these guys get their 11 second cars and give the throttle a few smacks at the big end to slow down. They were trying to slow their car down and hit their number every round, sounds like bracket racing to me.

Now I don't know much about that type of racing and I'll admit that but that's what I took away from that night. Oh yea and that race had much better girls then the bracket races!

·
Registered
14,217 Posts
Dude sounds butt hurt and jealous. Heads up is very expensive. Biggest bank account doesn't always win. In fact it rarely wins. There are millionaires that go home early often and yes even much more wealthy than that. Spend your money smart on the right people and parts. There is a reason the stands empty on bracket and index cars. It is what it is. Wheeling a 4teens drag radial car pulling 3 G's isn't as easy as this guy thinks. I've been 8.50 in the quarter and made a ham sandwich with mustard before the stripe. So hitting the brakes is harder before the stripe? Smash the loud pedal son and wait until the cameras get done flashing. lol

·
Registered
130 Posts
I enjoy watching either one, the heads up stuff especially radial classes really impress the hell out of me with what they can run on those tires. I have been around bracket racing most of my life so it is exciting to watch, more so if you are watching someone you know, and know how the race works. For a hobby, no box bracket racing is pretty damn fun for me, most of the time the credit of win or loss goes solely to the driver and if your doing good it makes a win feel pretty damn good.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
If you want a crowd, go to the Super Bowl; if you want speed, buy an airplane; and if you want to be famous, be 16 and pregnant. Otherwise, just maybe you have what it takes to become a traveling bracket racer. Til’ then, I’ll see you in the lanes.
Really?

1 - 20 of 165 Posts