Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
An individual had contacted me via email stating that his 'TiAL' bov had broken and pieces got into his intake and almost made it to the engine, one piece wedged itself in between the manifold and an intake valve, causing damage to the seat requiring him to replace the manifold/have machine work done...the images he sent me were not the best and it did look real from the blurry images - but when he stopped by the shop (local guy) it was obvious what it was...this failure could have been especially catastrophic for 2 valve V8 guys with much larger intake valves :smt103

Here are images i took after he had dropped it off

·
Registered
8,464 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can that not happen with a Tial? If not, is it because you use better materials or is the design different?
no for a few reasons:
we make that valve head out of billet - the knockoff is actually cast - so we have a much tighter grain structure from the get go

our design is slightly different - we aren't on a budget of selling ours for $38 wholesale (which is what the knockoffs are bought for)

We don't have that nut piece that you see in the other intake port

there are also a couple other fail safes we have built in that I can't mention but prevent this from happening :D

·
Registered
10,843 Posts
no for a few reasons:
we make that valve head out of billet - the knockoff is actually cast - so we have a much tighter grain structure from the get go

our design is slightly different - we aren't on a budget of selling ours for $38 wholesale (which is what the knockoffs are bought for)

We don't have that nut piece that you see in the other intake port

there are also a couple other fail safes we have built in that I can't mention but prevent this from happening :D
Then I'm glad that I sprung for the TiAL.;)

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Is there nothing you can do ? I am so fucking sick of seeing knock offs. If they want to make a cheap part, fine. But to pass it off as an identical copy to confuse to make a sale is bullshit.

·
Registered
333 Posts
The bad part of it is, the TiAl part is dirt cheap to begin with. I will never understand why someone would want to risk using something like these ebay chinese knockoffs when the TiAl part is USA made and is such a great value!

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Is there nothing you can do ? I am so fucking sick of seeing knock offs. If they want to make a cheap part, fine. But to pass it off as an identical copy to confuse to make a sale is bullshit.
only thing we can do is go after the dealers in the US that sell them, as far as china knocking them off and shipping them here - we can't do a damn thing about it

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Pretty short list of stuff I'll buy that's "knockoff" and Blowoff Valves aren't on it. Neither are Wastegates. Stick open, lucky you. Stick closed?? Fucky you.

·
Registered
4,942 Posts
only thing we can do is go after the dealers in the US that sell them, as far as china knocking them off and shipping them here - we can't do a damn thing about it
You can if you have IP.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
You can if you have IP.
As said, unless you can get authorities to back you, really hard to get a conviction with or without Int Property.

Also, these business are amazing in the speed they can set up or disband . . .

We have a real hard time at work, chasing these shits, even with our masses of Lawyers, resources

·
الكتاب ا
6,697 Posts
They could've made perfectly good woks with that metal and now it's ruined. LOL.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts