Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I am part way through having my 4L80e transmission rebuilt, including using a replacement (used) case. On close inspection of the case we discovered a screw plug blocking the passageway where the small filter for the pwm TCC solenoid should be. Does anyone have any suggestions as to why this may have been done?

I tried to upload a photo, but am afraid I could not make it work. The case is a late model one (post 2003).

Many thanks

·
Registered
13,937 Posts
Hi,
I am part way through having my 4L80e transmission rebuilt, including using a replacement (used) case. On close inspection of the case we discovered a screw plug blocking the passageway where the small filter for the pwm TCC solenoid should be. Does anyone have any suggestions as to why this may have been done?

I tried to upload a photo, but am afraid I could not make it work. The case is a late model one (post 2003).

Many thanks

Hit the newbie thread asshole.YBBitch:

·
Registered
143 Posts
Normally TCC Oil is feed from 2nd Gear.
Blocking that Filter and pulling the Oil from hopefully D4 will allow for TCC apply in any forward gear position.
Beware that if some Genius has linked Line Pressure into this circuit, TCC can apply in Reverse when the Oil is Cold and/ or under hard acceleration.
Quite an eye opener.

·
Wayyyyy more left in it!
7,058 Posts
Is it a stock rebuild? Performance? Using a shift kit/ recalibration kit?

I’ve never seen that plugged, perhaps someone that shouldn’t be touching transmissions has previously touched yours and you’ll need to un fuck it.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Hi,

Many thanks

If that hole is blocked it will prevent lockup when requested unless oil is fed to the solenoid from somewhere else. I personally do not plug that passage, but reroute oil to the lock up solenoid from elsewhere to improve other areas of transmission function that suffer because of it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the advice. The rebuild is pretty stock. It certainly appears that someone has modified this transmission in the past, and some of the effects have not been good. Hence we are taking the route of returning it all to standard. We thought we had it right, put the tranny back in the vehicle, and found there was no torque converter lock up. Hence it came out again, and the above mentioned screw removed. Should know soon whether that worked. Cheers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts