Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Some researchers believe the amount of virus that infects an individual may have crucial outcomes. Get a huge dose and your outcome may be worse.

Inoculation originated as a method for the prevention of smallpox by deliberate introduction of material from smallpox pustules into the skin. This generally produced a less severe infection than naturally-acquired smallpox, but still induced immunity to it. This first method for smallpox prevention, smallpox inoculation, is now also known as variolation. Inoculation has ancient origins and the technique was known in India and China.
We could do a study of say 1000 healthy younger people. Infect them with a low dose, monitor antibody activity. If a low dose has a favorable outcome, the entire younger healthy population could be inoculated fairly quickly. This combined with the hydroxychloroquine/zinc combo for those who are sick could kick the virus in its ass pretty fast.

·
Registered
34,427 Posts
Why don't we infect you and try some stuff?

If you die in the trial that's addition by subtraction.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
You got it all figured out there short stuff!

BTW, were you not on the Trump is wrong about hydroxychloroquine/zinc train? What changed your mind?

·
Hemispherically Balanced
31,090 Posts
We could do a study of say 1000 healthy younger people. Infect them with a low dose, monitor antibody activity. If a low dose has a favorable outcome, the entire younger healthy population could be inoculated fairly quickly. This combined with the hydroxychloroquine/zinc combo for those who are sick could kick the virus in its ass pretty fast.

Never happen. Development of a vaccine is a long process. Just look at the push back on hydroxychloroquine being used as a therapeutic drug for COVID-19.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Never happen. Development of a vaccine is a long process. Just look at the push back on hydroxychloroquine being used as a therapeutic drug for COVID-19.
I'm not talking about a vaccine. I'm talking about inoculation which is infecting someone with the live virus on purpose to get an antibody response. A vaccine does not give you the live virus.

You are literally volunteering to get sick. If they can find out why some young/healthy people get really sick off this, inoculation could be the fastest route to herd immunity. A vaccine could easily be a year away. We could do inoculation right now.

·
Hemispherically Balanced
31,090 Posts
I'm not talking about a vaccine. I'm talking about inoculation which is infecting someone with the live virus on purpose to get an antibody response. A vaccine does not give you the live virus.

You are literally volunteering to get sick. If they can find out why some young/healthy people get really sick off this, inoculation could be the fastest route to herd immunity. A vaccine could easily be a year away. We could do inoculation right now.
So what's the difference between what you are suggesting and just letting the virus run wild?

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So what's the difference between what you are suggesting and just letting the virus run wild?
If the study you do shows that a very small dose will cause an antibody reaction, the threat to the person receiving it could be nil. This is if initial exposure levels of the virus is an important factor in outcome. It may not be. The person getting the inoculation would also know exactly when they received it. They do not become an asymptomatic carrier spreading it to dozens. They isolate immediately for 2 weeks. A planned isolation for 2 weeks is much easier than a random one.

Here's a detailed history of smallpox inoculation:

·
Registered
856 Posts

great idea, you should get the full viral load...then see what happens. the only problem is your not a healthy person.. mentally , your unfit for the program

wonder how herd immunity is working out in the UK and Sweden?

·
Registered
3,175 Posts

Viruses don't work that way , They reproduce in the host, while antibodies try to prevent it doing so. You cant give a person a low dose.

Also look at the common cold....the symptoms you get are a side effect of the antibodies not the virus.

·
Registered
5,251 Posts

I believe smallpox was a DNA strand and COVID is RNA. Also, with inoculations they used a less virulent form from cow's??? and they got cross immunity for actual smallpox.
There were SEVERAL types of smallpox.
The only way it would work is if they had a near harmless COVID strain gave that, seen if they developed antibodies, pulled plasma from the person and gave it to a COVID 19 patient and they got better.
I dont have a clue if there is a near harmless COVID out there.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Viruses don't work that way , They reproduce in the host, while antibodies try to prevent it doing so. You cant give a person a low dose.

Also look at the common cold....the symptoms you get are a side effect of the antibodies not the virus.
Yet thats exactly what they did with smallpox which is a virus.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I believe smallpox was a DNA strand and COVID is RNA. Also, with inoculations they used a less virulent form from cow's??? and they got cross immunity for actual smallpox.
There were SEVERAL types of smallpox.
The only way it would work is if they had a near harmless COVID strain gave that, seen if they developed antibodies, pulled plasma from the person and gave it to a COVID 19 patient and they got better.
I dont have a clue if there is a near harmless COVID out there.
That was later.

·
Registered
4,350 Posts

Take you're coronvirus like a man or are you like Trudope hiding in a bunker you little pussy.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Yet thats exactly what they did with smallpox which is a virus.
not quite! But similar.
When Edward Jenner made the 1st vaccine to inoculate people, they were injected with a relatively safe disease of Cowpox which the human body developed antibodies to fight it.
Horsepox, Cowpox and Smallpox shared 98% common genomes but only the smallpox disease was deadly to humans.

Different groups of Viruses all behave differently

Unfortunately science isn't aligned with Hollywood science fiction

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
not quite! But similar.
When Edward Jenner made the 1st vaccine to inoculate people, they were injected with a relatively safe disease of Cowpox which the human body developed antibodies to fight it.
Horsepox, Cowpox and Smallpox shared 98% common genomes but only the smallpox disease was deadly to humans.

Different groups of Viruses all behave differently

Unfortunately science isn't aligned with Hollywood science fiction
Thank you. Maybe if he reads it twice he will believe it.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Thank you. Maybe if he reads it twice he will believe it.
A few months ago , I believed exactly what he is thinking [It seemed logical]
I have a niece studying virology that put me straight [The basic idea is correct but it gets complicated with different virus groups]

1 - 20 of 36 Posts