Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NASCAR has races with no fans. Supposedly their TV contract money is flowing. Why can't NHRA do the same? They can't be doing well financially.

·
T/S 368E
28,331 Posts

HUGE salaries

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
The NHRA divisionals have been running with no spectators. Not that there is many anyway. By the way I got to the semi's in Super stock last weekend at Galot, No promotion by NHRA or the track operators. I think NHRA has to pay for their TV time. They don't have much if any TV income. The Pros do not pay any entry fee like us sportsman do. They just cancelled the Seattle national event.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
I don't know this to be fact but I'm guessing that NASCAR probably pulls in more viewers than what Drag Racing does. Also, like mentioned above, I'm sure NHRA gets far less money from TV coverage than what NASCAR. I really doubt that there is enough money to be made from just TV coverage alone to cover costs to run an NHRA national event. Also, in saying all of that, all the Pro classes are having to take a purse cut. I would say part of that is because of income from the NHRA and also the qualifying sessions are cut in half. Again, this is all my opinion and not fact, well except for the purse part...

·
T/S 368E
28,331 Posts

Don't forget dragracing has NEVER had the money flowing that nascar does/did.
IIRC it was posted here or another forum that the last place finisher, which I believe is 43rd place?? for nascar makes more than a T/F winner, and it's been awhile, but it might even be double???

Now I have absolutely no clue what it takes to run a nascar for one event, but the post claimed?? you can actually make a profit at nascar???
Just from the winnings, which is 100% impossible for T/F to do.
IIRC, making 8 runs in T/F costs way more than the winning purse??

We are never going to beat nascar for ratings or sponsors, it's just too popular.
At least it used to be before losers like rope boy tried to pull a smollet and tried to use a POS liberal scheme to get attention!!!
I hope nascar gets it's ass handed to them by their base!!!

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
PART OF THE PROB IS NASCAR HAS BEEN ON TV 100 TO 1 OVER DRAG RACING . jUST ABOUT ANYONE KNOWS WHAT NASCAR IS, THERE ARE PLENTY WHO NEVER HEARD OF NHRA

Reactions: mrdragster1970

·
Registered
27,275 Posts
PART OF THE PROB IS NASCAR HAS BEEN ON TV 100 TO 1 OVER DRAG RACING . jUST ABOUT ANYONE KNOWS WHAT NASCAR IS, THERE ARE PLENTY WHO NEVER HEARD OF NHRA
And may never get to know about NHRA. People don’t realize how serious this is. No races, no sponsorship $’s. That means, say, John Force. I think I’m reading this right. He has about zero income to run a multi million $ deal. Has to hurt. NHRA may not survive.

·
Registered
6,122 Posts
NHRA could make some good money showing all the Diamond P shows, but no you have to join the all the BS to see something like that.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Saw an article on Competition Plus. NHRA started they are in a good financial position even if there is no racing this year. They are doing what they can for the pro teams and want to get back to racing as soon as possible

·
T/S 368E
28,331 Posts

That is a fact.
IIRC we have 9 million people within 100 miles?? of RT 66 and every year I count the commercials I hear for the Nationals.
Some years it's none, some years it's a handful, but never double digits, and I'm listening to the radio 10+ hours a day.

I used to bring civilians to the nationals every year and every one loved it.
The noise, the vibration, the fire breathing monsters!!!
If they don't see or hear it's back, they don't know about it, and how much they enjoyed it.
You can't expect people to follow the sport like us with it in the blood do, but if you start advertising it 6 weeks out, they can sure & heck make plans to attend!!!

I love the JR. dragsters, and the HS class is a great idea, but you have to get people to the track!!!
A lot of guys have old hot rods or muscle cars that have never been to the track.
Get them there and I'm telling you, many will get hooked.
They used to have a street tire only night, and it was packed, but they didn't want to work, so it went away!!!

Get people to the damn track, get us some decent TV coverage.
Just try something, spend a couple of bucks and see what happens.
Many of us are old & dying off faster than you can replace us, do something before the damn sport loses even more tracks & us racers/fans!!!

·
Registered
192 Posts
NHRA does not receive any TV money. They PAY to have their races televised. Interesting that a fairly new sanctioning body, MotoAmerica (US motorcycle road racing), has had networks fighting for their broadcast rights, while NHRA has to cough up the cash....

·
Registered
27,275 Posts
Saw an article on Competition Plus. NHRA started they are in a good financial position even if there is no racing this year. They are doing what they can for the pro teams and want to get back to racing as soon as possible
Good deal. But, they’d better be concerned about not racing even next year. They ain’t gonna let this crisis go to waste. As long as Trump’s in there.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts