Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
crew member
10,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The price per barrel of oil is at $102 a barrel and it still cost me $3.89 to fill up by my work.

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
because the convenient stores are not marking down the gas. I have a freind who owns some stores. He says he is finally making some good money selling gas. In the past they used the gas prices to get people in the store to buy cokes, candy, etc. He is buying fuel cheaper but they are not lowering the prices at the pump as much.

·
Registered
574 Posts
They got us by the balls why can't it ever go back to like $1.50 a gallon I would have soo much more money it's such a waste in my eyes.

·
Registered
4,521 Posts
When it was going up what was the cost of gas at $102???

·
Registered
7,854 Posts
Yeah, crude has dropped what 29% and gas has only come down like 14% by my math. Funny too how it goes up $.10 at a time but comes down like $.02 at a time. Oh well. Diesel dropped another dime today so thats good news. I wish they'd just pick a price and leave it there though, this up/down crap every day is a bunch of bullshit. The gas station signs are starting to get worn out from being messed with all the time.

Craig

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Hurricane Ike is just another excuse to run the prices up....just wait, they did it with Katrina and it worked so they'll just keep pumping us dry.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I was asking the same question a couple of days ago, but no one could answer. Bottom line is we are getting screwed.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
I agree....they have seen how much we will pay and they like it.

·
TwistedTerror
4,013 Posts
The ONLY gas around here that stays the same is Cam 2. We started buy it a little after the racing season started and it was at $6.69 and still is at that price.

·
16,363 Posts
Last week I was imformed that Motorcraft oil is going up Oct. 1st. I wrote Ford and asked why. They have raised it at least 4 times this year. This is their reply.

Motorcraft Oil and Lubricant Price Increase Effective OCTOBER 1, 2008
Motorcraft is announcing the following price increase for all motor oils, transmission fluids and greases due to continuing base oil and additive cost increases required to produce these products.

Prices will increase on average by 12%.
See the attached October 1 price sheets for complete details.
A dealer communication announcing this action will be sent on or before October 1, 2008.

WHY ANOTHER INCREASE?

While it is true crude oil prices have recently begun declining, base oil and additive cost decreases lag several months behind. We are still experiencing the price upswing associated with this lag.
In addition, limited supplies of base oil are contributing to this increase and could delay a decline in finished lubricant cost. This situation affects the entire finished product lubricant industry.
Motorcraft is not anticipating shortages of our product; however supply and demand for base oil could continue to put cost pressure on finished lubricant products.
Other major oil brands have already implemented similar, and higher, cost increases.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts