Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
17,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why don't many Americans know their history, why don't they know that American was a penal colony of the UK long before Australia and for a longer period? Many Americans seem quite proud of their history, but why are they missing this important part?

·
Smart Ass Conservative
112,510 Posts
People from all over Europe came here for many reasons that may be one of them but it sure wasn't the main one.

·
Banned
14,510 Posts
Possum, though........you will never overcome Possum, Trev.

Never.

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

·
Registered
23,691 Posts
They were not Americans.

They were British colonists when they arrived here, and were all sorts of other nationalities.

NONE of them were Americans, until 1776.

History says, this country WASNT "America" until July 4th , 1776 .

Thus, they couldn't possibly have been "Americans" until after that.

Prior to that they were ALL people residing in official British colonies.

So, how could they be known as Americans, before anybody came up with the designation "America" in 1776 ?

just asking......

·
Registered
17,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
there you are again ARS(e), posting that same picture, you must be truly infatuated, I guess you don't get out of the cellar much eh?

·
Registered
17,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They were not Americans.

They were British colonists when they arrived here, and were all sorts of other nationalities.

NONE of them were Americans, until 1776.

History says, this country WASNT "America" until July 4th , 1776 .

Thus, they couldn't possibly have been "Americans" until after that.

Prior to that they were ALL people residing in official British colonies.

So, how could they be known as Americans, before anybody came up with the designation "America" in 1776 ?

just asking......
go back and read it, I never said they were 'Americans'

·
Registered
23,691 Posts
go back and read it, I never said they were 'Americans'
Then am I reading your post wrong?

Why don't many Americans know their history, why don't they know that American was a penal colony of the UK long before Australia and for a longer period? Many Americans seem quite proud of their history, but why are they missing this important part?

How could the brits put Americans , in a penal colony in America, when it wasn't called America, and its inhabitants were NOT called Americans until 1776?

And, after 1776 the Brits were not running ANY penal colonies anywhere in "America" .

·
Registered
17,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
typo my friend, it was meant to read America, if you read the sentence properly you would know that, you are showing more of your ignorance

·
Registered
23,691 Posts
typo my friend, it was meant to read America, if you read the sentence properly you would know that, you are showing more of your ignorance

That is my whole point.

It really wasn't officially"America" , until OUR forefathers said it was America.

And that didn't happen until July 4th , 1776 . At least, according to , "the History" books.

Check the history...…;)

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
England/Spain/Italy pissed off a coupla smooth criminals that once worked for the repression, then talked England/Spain/Italy outta a few boats, grab a few people who have had enough of their (repressive living style) BS....made a presentation to the powers to be at the time........said they we're gonna explore for resources for the Kingdom......got to where they were going (America) and said fuck you King's...this is all ours now..... AND we are keeping the boats!

·
Registered
17,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That is my whole point.

It really wasn't officially"America" , until OUR forefathers said it was America.

And that didn't happen until July 4th , 1776 . At least, according to , "the History" books.

Check the history...…;)
You are being overly pedantic. If we stick with the same argument then Australia wasn't Australia back in the convict times.

·
Registered
23,691 Posts
You are being overly pedantic. If we stick with the same argument then Australia wasn't Australia back in the convict times.

Hey, I am just going by the actual history as it really Happened .

Now, you were the guy saying Americans should be checking out their actual history. So, I did !! :smt115

1 - 20 of 137 Posts