1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Banned
23,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
The molecules in hot water move quicker so there is more gap so they can cool quicker.

·
Spiritual Gynocologist
80,189 Posts
It doesn't! I promise.

·
RTCTTFMF
2,221 Posts
Who cares?

·
Registered
672 Posts
its basicly because the hot water has steam and evaporates. so if you have. two pots with the same amount of water. when the hot water stops steaming there is less water so it cools faster. or some crap like that if i remember from my naps in science class.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Wouldn't it have to go from hot to cold to freeze. So I would think cold to freeze would be quicker.......But.....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
682 Posts
Lol, My girlfriend keeps telling me that cold water will boil faster on the stove than the hot water I use all the time. I can't understand that logic since my water heater is essentially the same thing as my stove so why wouldn't I start with the already preheated water?
Moral of the story is, it doesn't matter which way the water boils faster because she should be the one cooking while I drink a beer and read yellowbullet.

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
I tried this one time and the cold water froze quicker. I think there is a lot of variables involved that I dont give a shit about tho...

1 - 20 of 40 Posts