Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im a Chevy guy for the most part but always noticed the Fox body 5.0 Mustangs had the best exhaust sound. I put a 2001 Expolorer 302 in an old Falcon and put an E303 cam in it, it has the same sound. Ive done a few 302 and 350 Chevys with old LT1 and 30-30 cams and they sound lopey, but never sound as good as a 302 with 351w firing order even with smaller cams. Is it the firing order that makes them sound so good?

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's your personal taste...
Me and about six other people Ive discussed it with, all Chevy guys.

just renumber your cylinders haha
Yeah I already did that, dropped the engine in and wired it like a 289, it ran like shit, header tubes 4 and 5 the paint didnt instantly go dull, knew something was wrong. Looked at the cam card and sure as shit the E303 cam is 302ho/351w firing order, duh.FordRules:

·
Registered
9,494 Posts
Its a ford thing. They can make it run and sound great...

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
The 351W firing order does not have #1 and #5 cylinders firing one right after the other. This eliminates the extra pressure put on number #1 main cap, not having them fire one after the other like the old 289 firing order. This is what I was told by my Dad years ago. Or something that. It made sense to me at the time.

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
Bump.......how many more will bite.......???

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
The 351W firing order does not have #1 and #5 cylinders firing one right after the other. This eliminates the extra pressure put on number #1 main cap, not having them fire one after the other like the old 289 firing order. This is what I was told by my Dad years ago. Or something that. It made sense to me at the time.

What ? 5 and 6 are together in the firing order, so wouldn't that put the same stress on the 2nd cap ?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts