Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah I know another thread like this, but it is 1 AM and it ran across my mind. Just wanted to hear other people thoughts on the subject.

For me it is the people, some of the best people I have meet has been at the race track. Now for me as a driver, I find it relaxing. It's nice getting into the car and then having everything else in your life go away and just concentrate at the task on hand. No matter how good or how bad of a day at the track I have, I always leave relaxed and happy.

·
Chinese buffet destroyer
2,134 Posts
watched my dad pump 100,000s of thousands of dollars into circle track racing and chase the nascar boys around every weekend and on ourbest year finish 10thin points and realize I coundnt afford it if i wanted. that andive got a short attention span.

·
crew member
10,333 Posts
Born into it. Its all I have ever known. I love the sounds, the smells, the looks of all the different types of cars. I love speed!

·
~TweakeD~
9,107 Posts
was raised around racing! ive been going to the track since i was a little baby. My dad used to race every weekend, my uncles race. I was born around fast cars, and its stuck in my blood. it wont ever go away lol

·
Beer me!!
22,507 Posts
My dad drag raced in the 60's and 70's, had to give it up to take over the family ranch/farm, but still made sure my bros and I knew what drag racing was about, and became gear heads!! I'm thankfull to him for that every day!! I can't imagine my life without the sport!! If you really want to get down to it, the people are the best part of it though, the noise, smell, power, etc, all that is a bonus on top of the family feeling you get from it!!

·
Bracket racer
13,292 Posts
I was raised around it....plus the thrill of competition, and the people are great!

·
Registered
3,288 Posts
Drag racing is very explosive! Very high HP cars, much higher than any other kind of racing. All that power being held back by the driver, and then the lights come down and the car accelerates rapidly, violently and the shit just hits the fan. It's just insane!

·
Beer me!!
22,507 Posts
Drag racing is very explosive! Very high HP cars, much higher than any other kind of racing. All that power being held back by the driver, and then the lights come down and the car accelerates rapidly, violently and the shit just hits the fan. It's just insane!
Couldn't have said it better myself!!!!

·
Cut me in or cut it out!
2,650 Posts
I am just a really big fan, not a racer, but I have also been a mechanic for 38 years and being a gearhead, drag racing is FAR OUT! And there is nothing like the sound, smell, and feel of a top fuel motor running! To me it is just amazing how much power they produce. I really love to stand next to a fuel car warm up and feel all that power just belching and rumbling and the smell of nitro. And that includes top fuel Harleys also. And I also am fascinated with the speeds of fuel cars. I was at the finish line at Dallas and saw Scott Kalitta go by at I think 331.95 and man that is just unbelievable. I've had muscle cars in the past but I have never had the money to build a race car, I bought Harleys instead. Its the only motorsport I really enjoy watching. I hope being just a fan doesn't make it any less appropriate to hang out on YB. I learn a bunch of interesting things about racing from you guys.
Ron

·
www.ULTRA-CARBON.com
12,739 Posts
cause I got to old for mx, and I still wanna pop some wheelies. but this time around I wanna do it sittin down

LOL...Best answer right there!!

I like the thrill, the rush of it all. But I also like challenging myself, trying to do better, go more rounds, go faster. I'll take a round loss happily if at the same time I made a new best ET or MPH.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Because the chicks dig it

·
Stackin' plates
13,859 Posts
The sounds of the cars calms me down, that and the competition.

·
Chinese buffet destroyer
2,134 Posts
The sounds of the cars calms me down, that and the competition.
I actually listen to Youtube videos thru my headphones on my cell phone of cars racing at the track and it relaxes me while driving. I don't watch them at all. just listen. I drive 2k + miles a week. for work.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts