Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
6,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Forgive me if this is a dumb question but I see it a lot and have always wondered why crew members wait til the very last second to hit the data button. Some people wait til the car is staged to hit it. Is there a reason for this??

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
The logger's only record for a few second's.

If my car is staged and the other guy goes in slow, the logger can time out and miss the run.

Jim

·
Registered
5,983 Posts
The logger's only record for a few second's.

If my car is staged and the other guy goes in slow, the logger can time out and miss the run.

Jim
Racepak has litterally dozens of run records capable.... I think most do it so they look cool

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Sucks looking at 4 mins of recorded time plus the shut down, for 4 seconds of info. Right before you release the brake if possible.

·
Registered
16,782 Posts
Think about it, why have a extra 10-20 seconds of unnecessary recorded data.
So what if you have a problem before you get to the line you will have no clue what happened I record from the time I start it until I shut it down .

·
Registered
376 Posts
Lol at the reasons why people do it.. It literally is no issue to zoom on the actual run of a log. People do it to look cool nothing more... Plus unless your ems is a complete pile of shit it can be set up to data log automatically switched ( release of transbrake) or engagement. Funny all the box's people buy to do things on cars that already have the abilities within the ems. My ems has better boost control options than a ams 1000. Abilities for traction control ect ect. Not knocking anyone's product because NLR makes kick ass stuff. I just never understood the need for one to have multiple data logging systems on a car. I even went as far as to configure a pwm output on my standalone for a bump box with a solid state relay. The real question is what happens when these racers who require 6 people to stage the car and activate loggers and such have to race alone? Like troy said. A lot of data during burnout and staging isn't a bad thing.. What happens if it burns a cylinder up in the burn out.... All you've got there is abilities to guess. Mine logs anything over 3k rpms

·
Registered
7,506 Posts
With the size of memory today there is no reason a data logger would only record just a few seconds.

·
Registered
376 Posts
With the size of memory today there is no reason a data logger would only record just a few seconds.
Ding ding ding.... I don't get it. Even ecm's I had 10 years ago would log for way more time than I needed. I use to get a good drivability tune by logging the car while driving for 30+ minutes to get enough data to make useful adjustments. I can't believe any company would make a logger with only seconds of memory.

·
Registered
12,031 Posts
Because it makes life a little more simple and it cost nothing to wait.

·
Registered
33,083 Posts
I turn mine on as I pull into the burnout box. It's no problem scrolling past the stuff you don't care about.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
ours is set up to start with the press of the line lock button and the driver shuts it off on the return road. if it has a problem anywhere during that time we will see it. the sportsman racepak will record around 30 minutes i think, just erase the data card when it gets full.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts