Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
136,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stanton was running a 10.5 shootout that never took off. Some cry babies from the west side of Michigan thought they had a plan and asked for a 9.0 index on the class. :-D Yes that brought more cars in but who wants to watch 10.5 car going 9.0's when they are going mid to low 7's now? :roll: Spectator turnout was never like it is at Milan and still isn't till today! Personally I don't like that track due to it's 1/8 mile shutdown area and 5' sand trap backed with a brick wall... OK it aint that bad but it is short! The track at Stanton hooks.. Some of my best 60's have been at that track! So what is the reason people didn't storm their 10.5 event (before the 9.0 cap) like they did for Milan?

·
Registered
73 Posts
They now have 10.5 outlaw which is back to run what ya brung on 10.5's. Guess if yer going faster then nine ohs ya need to put better brakes on yer fast stuff. Heck you might even go a couple rounds yerself the old boy. :)

·
Administrator
136,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Imagine that!! When I pitched the idea on GFZ is was the laugh of the world there. Now Milan does it and it takes off like a mother!! Now Stanton wants an outlaw 10.5 race :roll: :-D

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
I think I heard they added it last year in July after it flopped at Martin, but they don't allow the "W" tire from what I've been told. Payout is nice at $1,600 for 1st, so I've been told

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Well I made a phone call last night and yes it's a true 10.5 class, not an outlaw class, and payout for 1st place is $600, which is 3X that of S/S class in the past. Should be interesting to see if it flys or not.

·
Administrator
136,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
9.0 index for the 10.5 class!!! :roll: I heard someone pulled their chute at the 1/8 mile today (54* track temp) and went an 8.Oooooooooo at 115 MPH!!! :shock: Where in the track does the chute need to be pulled for a solid 9.Ooooo pass? I guess this is what seperates the men (Detroit racers) from the boys (Grand Rapid racers)!!!! :-D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts