Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been running 8.5 Outlaw all year. I have 1.30 60FT. Nick B is running the same kinda car same motor same NOS same tire and gears and he's 1.22 60FT. Do ladder bars just work better with small tires?????

·
Registered
6,554 Posts
...because there are infinitely more ways to set up a four link the wrong way than with ladder bars? :p

·
Registered
917 Posts
Hey Jay, when I switched from my slicks to radials... i left everything else the same and attempted to make a pass.
It sounded like an exposion behind the car going off.... shifted into 2nd gear and banged off the 9k rev limiter, and i was still looking at the tree. After a good 4 link book, computer program and the advise on YB I've been a 1.19 on the 315..... with only a handful of nos passes.

·
Gettin' tired of the shit
23,424 Posts
. . . .they don't, see below. :)

...because there are infinitely more ways to set up a four link the wrong way than with ladder bars? :p
You can only do so much with a ladder bar and they are much more forgiving than 4 link when it comes to the optimum adjustment. A 4 link car should hook better than a ladder bar car 10 outta 10 times if it's adjusted correctly. You need to take into consideration the adjustment on your car would be different with the 8.5x26 than it would be with a 10x29.5 and adjust for the tire on your car. If you have someone adjusting it that is used to messing with "big" tires then you need to step back and re-evaluate the settings based on your combination.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Ladder bars just work better and are more forgiving than the four link. guys are running 1.0 60 ft with four links on 10.5 tires in outlaw 10.5 and guys are running 1.1's with half the tire in x275 and ladder bars. The post made earlier in this thread is right, there are more ways to screw up a four link..

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ladder bars just work better and are more forgiving than the four link. guys are running 1.0 60 ft with four links on 10.5 tires in outlaw 10.5 and guys are running 1.1's with half the tire in x275 and ladder bars. The post made earlier in this thread is right, there are more ways to screw up a four link..
Well if I can get it to do better or same as Nicks 1.22 60ft on the 8.5s ladder bar set up we will be doing somthing right.

8.5 OTB!!!!:-Yap

·
Registered
13,338 Posts
This is true and the reason why all small tires classes should allow 4 links........................with a weight break of course.:p

·
Registered
770 Posts
Hey J My car won't 60ft without a good full nitrous bottle. Try that first lol

1 - 20 of 38 Posts