Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It may not be any of my business as I'm not in the US and don't race. But I'm puzzled. Several racers have ran and ditched the twin Procharger setups. Mike Modeste has had success with his twin F2 632ci set up. Ran a 4.64 during testing at this meet and a 6sec 1/4 run prior.

Photo's and the following quote taken from Dragzine same day coverage of ORTC 2010/2/5.
"Tommy Brewer and the Mad Man racing camp made the switch to a Littlefield Hi Helix supercharger on top of a 526 ci."

Is it the same car? If so why the switch......are there surge or heat issues with twins which Modeste has overcome?

Not looking to cause any offence but just wishing to understand more from a technical viewpoint as I also have a little time and cash invested in a similar twin Procharged set up.

·
Registered
592 Posts
we procharger guys can only hope that the twin blower deal pans out to be a good deal so that we got plenty for the twinturbo guys, the turbo guys are running 170mph plus on truetens or radials and only one that i know of with procharger running that kind of mph and thats Hindzman, Im also curious how Brady,Mcnew new deal turns out, it is interesting to see an old combination used in a new way...

·
ALL OUT
1,931 Posts
Well I heard of 1 twin Vortech V28 combo in the works N it really intrigued me for more data or information on the twin centrifugal setups >> Lets hear it from the guys who did it and switched, or are doing it ???

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Development,Development,it takes time to develop these systems,and some top racers just dont have the time to develop when they know another system thats tried and tested works,twin turbos have been around for a long time now especially in Europe,so there a known quantity,they will get there its just gona take a little time.

·
Registered
39 Posts
some people just don't give combos time to develop, they switch from nitrous to blower to single turbo to twin turbos in a matter of 2 years. It takes some combos a while to develop. that is why some guys like stevenson, jackson and hindzman actually win races.

·
Registered
15,547 Posts
some people just don't give combos time to develop, they switch from nitrous to blower to single turbo to twin turbos in a matter of 2 years. It takes some combos a while to develop. that is why some guys like stevenson, jackson and hindzman actually win races.
:smt023:smt023:smt023
"Doc" Will's DawgPound..... Doin more, with less.....

·
I kill parts
10,121 Posts
As posted by the Brewer/McNew boys, they grenaded the 632/twin procharger combo and just couldn't afford/justify the $ putting it back together again and trying to keep up with it. - Seems they just weren't happy with the returns on their investment so they're trying somethign else. Since they got 3 passes, went faster each pass, and took it home in one piece, I'd say that's a bit of a victory.

·
Senior Frog
10,316 Posts
As posted by the Brewer/McNew boys, they grenaded the 632/twin procharger combo and just couldn't afford/justify the $ putting it back together again and trying to keep up with it. - Seems they just weren't happy with the returns on their investment so they're trying somethign else. Since they got 3 passes, went faster each pass, and took it home in one piece, I'd say that's a bit of a victory.

That combo in my eyes looks awesome....Its going to be a player real soon
and dollar for dollar the 14/71 looks like a great value..we shall see....

·
Roll Tide!
2,623 Posts
Absolutely nothing wrong with the Prochargers. The twin F1R's show alot of promise and don't be surprised if you see them again. We bought this motor complete, hat to pan and decided to try it for the heck of it. We're just having fun...

·
Registered
78 Posts
Absolutely nothing wrong with the Prochargers. The twin F1R's show alot of promise and don't be surprised if you see them again. We bought this motor complete, hat to pan and decided to try it for the heck of it. We're just having fun...
Can you please post some pics of the roots blown motor?

·
Registered
25,667 Posts
did you guys ever consider the new f4?

·
RED ROCKET
8,630 Posts
holy shit,, that things sounds bad ass!!!!!how much over drive does it have and what ignition?

will a 7531 fire something like this?

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Brady, thanks for coming back to us and being so upfront. You guys are truly "Mad men" that's for sure...."14/71 on a drag radial". Makes the twins look like they belong on a street SBC!!!!!

RCTTFMF!!! as it says on your video.....

·
RED ROCKET
8,630 Posts
7531 will work up to 1900hpish id rec. a msd 8 thats what i run on mine...
thanks for the info..if i hurt my nitrous motor again i am going supercharged/alky...1700hp would be all i need i would think.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts