Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 465 Posts

·
Pydo Racing Pit Bitch
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was just thinking about this after playing around with Street Challenge Extreme Velocity. I know there are a million NASCRAP games and F1 games and touring car games but why for the love of all things horsepower are there no drag racing games worth a damn out there? I mean yeah there were a couple efforts but they have all fallen short of being a quality product. I would love to see a game and it don't need a sanctioning body to endorse it either. You'd have like a career mode so to speak where you start of with a junker so to speak and enter races. As you win, you get money and buy better cars, parts, and so forth. I think everyone gets the gist of what the game would be like. And now with all this online gaming, everyone would be able to enter tournaments or race each other online for money, pinks, etc.

Sorry just sucks that the drag race always seems to get the shaft no matter what.

·
Registered
4,052 Posts
I wish they had a game for online play. and even pinks. Maybe they should have a pinks all out game and rich host the game. I know everone would buy it then lol

·
Registered
20,632 Posts
The best one i have is NHRA Drag Racing Countdown To The Championship for PS2.You can run a Career in Pro Stock,Pro Stock Bike,Top Fuel Dragster and Funny Car.

Later Mark.

·
Registered
210 Posts
people are only going to put a lot of effort into a drag racing game if it's going to sell a lot, and appeal to the masses, which it's not going to do unfortunately

best we can hope for is for gran tourismo to incorporate drag racing into the game like they did nascar or something. it would have to be a part of an already successful game rather than be the main thing. a pure drag racing game just isn't going to sell a lot.

·
Who Farted...?!?!
3,485 Posts
i wish they had one also!!!

·
Registered
908 Posts
The game would be fun, have bracket cars, index cars, tt5 cars, everything, the only one that even comes close to being a good game is extreme velocity, the idea of starting as a street car, then working your way up and winning money and respect would make for a great game, all of the need for speed fun with out the honda's drifting around corners

·
Fastest mustang roller
3,005 Posts
To bad ORSCA isn't doing great cause that would be a cool game. Maybe the Duck can talk some of his sponsors into funding an outlaw racing game. I know a lot of people like the nhra but I would play a game without the nhra or ihra classes. It would be cool to have an online feature with classes that u can compete in and a career mode where u start out as a bracket or a 12.0 index racer and work your up through limited street, OL 10.5, into Pro Mod.

·
All motor wannabe
5,904 Posts
I used to have an nhra drag racing game back in the day like late 90s it was pretty cool wish i still had it cant remember what happened to the disc for the game

·
Fastest mustang roller
3,005 Posts
Let's do it Mickey Thompson ORTC Racing. That would be bad ass. Just make sure there is a 1/4 mile option.

1 - 20 of 465 Posts