Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've go a syclone listed for sale afew different places. its listed for $8500 with a set of ROH wheels brand new in the box or any other reasonable offer with out them. its been up for a few weeks now and i've had some intrest in it but not a ton so i've dropped the price to $7000 w/o the wheels firm and i've said if it does'nt sell i'll keep it i'm not hurting for the money, then i had on guy email me, the email was named "syclone with goofy pin stripe" he said i'll give you $5000 for it with the wheels. my reply was " go fuck yourself". then i've had one other guy that has wanted aton of pics... i'm cool with that, then he says i'll drive down from canada this week but i'm only bring $6000 with me, i told him " dont waste the trip"
so why the fuck is everyone seem like a lowballen piece of shit any more? if someone posts some thing forsale and says the LOWEST they'll go is xxx amount don't be a cock sucker and under cut that by a shit ton.
sorry for the rant

·
Confused Racer
42,495 Posts
because those trucks havn't come into the money yet so the only people looking for them are kids with no cash. I have my Sy and Ty sitting in the garage just waiting for the day people realise what they are.

·
Registered
21,141 Posts
so why the fuck is everyone seem like a lowballen piece of shit any more? if someone posts some thing forsale and says the LOWEST they'll go
I used to use the same "Honest" tactic you do. Put your bottom dollar " NO BS " fair price and figure I will sell without all the hassel.Someone will take the deal and things will be easy.

I found out it dosen't work. Someone is going to lowball your price regardless because they cannot except a fair deal there gonna try to phuck you stupid either way.

Anymore I don't play the phucking game. I throw a fudge factor in and let them fuck me down to make them feel good and think they are good and play along like their killing me on the price.

When I get to the bottom dollar and say thats it and they persist lower. I hang the phone up and don't take their calls.Usually if it's a good deal and they know it they call back from another number.

·
The Bullet Killer
36,720 Posts
i dont know what the car has in it, and whats done to it and or condition, but maybe you need to start looking if your overpriced (not saying you are) but when you get 5-6 dudes looks at the same thing, asking for the same price maybe its your price.

But like you said, if your not hurting for cash, fuck it, and fuck them and keep it

·
green to go
2,147 Posts
i usually add 3 grand to what i want and go from there....when i had my model a listed a while back , guys would start shooting 4 or 5 grand under....at 3 over , they get the fun of dealing :) and think they are getting a deal...and everyone leaves happy...:p brandon

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
I feel ya man. I've decided I aint going any lower on mine either. I am also not sending out hundreds of photos only to have people say nah fuck it. I'll send a couple out if people are interested, but after that if I dont get the warm fuzzy fellin, I'm not spending the time to send out a shit load of photos. You either have the money and like it, or you dont. I hate selling shit!!!

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Nowadays people want something for little or nothing. [ you know who you are ]

You want to know how ironic...
Those phuckers who lowball sellers are the one who is complaining about buyers lowball them.

PHUCKERS. :smt097

·
Registered
936 Posts
Dude there everywhere and it will become worst before it get's better. It is very rare you find someone who looks the item over (as expected) and then agrees to your price or finds a legitimate reason to drop your price. It is amazing how nick picky some people get. I had a friend that had his car sold, the guy even had him pick up the u-haul trailer as he drove for over 7 hours to get there. When he arrived he picked the car apart as if it were sitting at Barrett-Jackson and then said he could only get 1k less than the asking price. My buddy handed him the rental agreement to the trailer and told him to have a safe trip with that open trailer.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I LIKE HOW THEY TELL YOU "YOU CAR IS NOT WORTH THAT, ITS WORTH THIS!" WHEN THE HAVE NOT EVEN SEEN THE CAR.
OR WHEN YOU PUT IN YOUR ADS NO TRADES! NO TRADES! NO TRADES! AND PEOPLE STILL TRY TO TRADE YOU SOMETHING!
AND THE TIRE KICKIN FUCKERS OUT THERE!!! I WILL BE THERE SATURDAY TO LOOK AT IT... AND OF COURSE NEVER SHOW.
MY ADS ON RACINGJUNK, I AM SURE EVERYONE THINKS I AM A SMARTASS BUT OH WELL!
I CANT GIVE MY SHIT AWAY!

·
ProStock Jackstand Winner
25,123 Posts
Keep the fucker, don't sell it. Those trucks are a thing of beauty. I convinced a few friends to keep them and hold onto them.

Give it a few years, they will be worth money.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I sold my barracuda a few years ago to a guy about 400 miles away.
We agreed on a price thru email and on the phone, and agreed to a date for him to come pick it up. He shows up on time, test drives it, likes the car. He then starts to haggle on the price and says he only brought x amount of money, about 2000.00 less than we agreed to :rolleyes:.
I said he drove 400 miles for nothing, have a great day, and started
walking away. Its funny how he came up with the rest of the money, before I got 20 feet away from him :cool:.

·
Registered
93,064 Posts
I've been in the car business since 1974.............. the thing that you Phuckers don't understand is your crap is only worth what someone is gonna stroke a check for it for............ In the last 3 months the bottom has fallen out of the market

·
First Ten Original Member
1,426 Posts
Agreed Jimmy!

I liked the guy who called me three times to tell me that I wanted to sell him the hood off of my car and nothing else. The last time I just said OK..... 32 grand and you can have it, I'll throw in the rest of the car and you can do with it what ever you want! lol

Dumb-asses.......

·
Registered
960 Posts
While Sy/Tys are cool (even if they have a 4.3 :p ), the market for them has pretty much passed. You'll have to keep it for another 15 to 20 years to get what your asking now, from the masses. You'll likely find a collector that will be willing to pay what you want, but it will likely take a while.
People see them as just a turbocharged S-15. It gets worse when they find out they have less carrying capacity than the base model.
It gets worse yet, with the fuel prices we have right now, very few people can really justify buying a gas guzzling (when you don't leave the loud pedal alone) vehicle.

It sounds like your "best offer" is exactly what you're asking for, maybe it's just me but I don't see the offers you listed as completly unreasonable, just less than you are will take take for your truck. Some people will also offer less than they are willing to pay, to see what you'll come back with for a counter offer, kit's called bartering.
The other thing you have to realize is that you have emotional value attached to your truck, where as buyers only see market value of your truck.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
i had a old guy who used to come in my store, he was telling me about a plane motor he had sold once, i don't remember the exact amount he was asking for it . but a guy flew in from a another state and showed up to buy it, well after looking it over the told him it was only worth a $1000.00 less than what they had agreed on. well the old guy got pissed and told him to get the phuck off his property and never come back.
he said he got a phone call about a hour later from the guy saying how sorry he was and how bad he needed the motor, so the old guy tells him fine if you come back here you not going to say a word to me and your paying a $1000.00 more than what we agreed on. he said the guy came back paid him and never spoke a word. :smt077
he was a funny as hell but you didn't want to piss him off.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts