Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1081 - 1090 of 1090 Posts

·
Registered
27,478 Posts
still need to tell me why they didn't just give the prisoners masks if they were so effective.
Already answered somewhere, maybe another thread.
If you really wanted to know, the answers are easy to find but I will outline some key points for you.

First, do you understand that masks are mostly effective for reducing spread, not protecting the person wearing it?
If this confuses you, study gas dynamics and suspension of liquids in gases, I studied this a lot for engine development using CFD. It is exactly what should be expected.

Second, If people in jail refuse to wear a mask or don't wear it properly, it exposes everyone.
Third, they are not a binary device, nobody claims they are 100% effective.
They do reduce the probability.
When combined with social distancing they will reduce spread enough to reverse the tend.
Without social distancing, in close quarters like a jail full of insane people with little self control, even the best gear would probably fail.

This isn't speculation, following these procedures has worked elsewhere.

Our failure in leadership on Covid is embarrassing.

Reactions: BLUEOVALRACER

·
Registered
27,478 Posts
I get weary looking @ the sheep that think they are protected, however makes it easy to see the dems/cnn watchers. However worker bee's don't have a choice, customers do.
There is evidence that the masks do reduce spread.

It has worked in other countries.

We on the other hand, are failing.

·
Long Live The King
102,303 Posts

·
Registered
27,478 Posts
What I find amazing is that a guy like you, obviously a thinker, believes any of that. C19 isn’t the only illness that can be spread by someone who shows no symptoms. If we wear masks for one, then it should be all. C19 is not special.

If you have ever been to China or Japan, you would know they have already been doing this for decades.
Americans are relatively ignorant and selfish in regard to protecting others as seen in this and other threads.

Narcissists and Psychopaths Are More Likely to Refuse to Wear Masks, Says New Research

·
Long Live The King
102,303 Posts
Has the latest News from the CDC been discussed in here ?

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention study says true COVID-19 rates were more than 10 times higher than reported cases in most U.S. regions from late March to early May. It is based on COVID-19 antibody tests performed on routine blood samples in 16,000 people in 10 U.S. regions.

·
Registered
27,478 Posts
Has the latest News from the CDC been discussed in here ?

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention study says true COVID-19 rates were more than 10 times higher than reported cases in most U.S. regions from late March to early May. It is based on COVID-19 antibody tests performed on routine blood samples in 16,000 people in 10 U.S. regions.
Most people here are not interested in anything from the CDC.
They post questions from memes.

·
Long Live The King
102,303 Posts
If you have ever been to China or Japan, you would know they have already been doing this for decades.
Americans are relatively ignorant and selfish in regard to protecting others as seen in this and other threads.
So for the last 10 years you've been walking around So Cal wearing a mask ?

·
Registered
27,478 Posts
So for the last 10 years you've been walking around So Cal wearing a mask ?
They wear masks to protect others.
If I am sick, I stay home.

I always encourage colleagues to do the same, it sets the company and projects further back for more people to get sick because one person tried to keep working.

1081 - 1090 of 1090 Posts