Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
PowdercoatBill
9,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What camera are you using?
Nikon DX2

Scott 72 No it wasn't. It was set on dynamic which is supposed to pull the entire area into focus. I been playin' around with differant settings so I'll set it back to center and call it good,

It's not just that set of pics that are soft. It seems like everything I've shot with this camera is soft. Do you guys edit alot before posting pics, or are you pullin em right off the camera?

·
Team North Bitches!!!!
3,966 Posts
Nikon DX2

Scott 72 No it wasn't. It was set on dynamic which is supposed to pull the entire area into focus. I been playin' around with differant settings so I'll set it back to center and call it good,

It's not just that set of pics that are soft. It seems like everything I've shot with this camera is soft. Do you guys edit alot before posting pics, or are you pullin em right off the camera?

The only thing I am seeing and from one of your previous posts I am not sure if you are shooting in auto or manual. On most cameras you can shoot with a "shutter priority" mode which allows you to select shutter speed and the camera will control the Fstop. If you have your camera set on this mode and the ISO on 200 you may want to try and cranking the shutter speed up to around 1/250 which will help sharpen them up. The lower the shutter speed the more likely you are to have soft edges.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
On my D90, I went into the settings and changed the sharpness to vivid, this helped alot on my images. But it's no good when taking photos of people.

·
Got Woodgrain?
7,339 Posts
On my D90, I went into the settings and changed the sharpness to vivid, this helped alot on my images. But it's no good when taking photos of people.
I recently did the same with my D90. I want to maximize the potential of my camera so not as much editing needs to be done after. These was taken thursday night.

I found this review about the Dx2:
Steves Digicams reviews the Nikon D2X and writes - 'The Nikon D2X is a bit of an enigma. With both full-frame and High Speed Crop modes, it is versatile like no other camera, equally at home in a studio or a sports arena. It is feature rich, offering the exposure controls and Custom Settings demanded by professionals. Its 12.4 megapixels of resolution, while lagging the 16.7-megapixels of Canon's 1Ds Mark II, set a new standard for Nikon and will be well-received by those with large investments in Nikon glass. But I am a bit disappointed with the shadow noise present in images taken at ISO 200 and above. Nikon attempted to mitigate the problem with their in-camera High ISO Noise reduction feature, but its effectiveness is only fair and you lose image detail as a result; a better solution is the use of 3rd party noise reduction applications. Studio and commercial photographers who don't rely on high ISO settings will be happy with the long-awaited D2X, but photojournalists and sports shooters who need the camera's full range of sensitivity should carefully evaluate the D2X's image noise before parting with $5000.'

·
Registered
363 Posts
Nikon DX2

Even with other lenses your photos are soft? This is what I'd do. Put your best lens on it and set it to f8, center point focus and see if the images are soft. Then do that with your second best lens. If it is just one lens, then it is a lens issue. If both lenses produce soft images then body may have to back to Nikon for calibration.
You may go www.fredmiranda.com and go to the Nikon boards and post your question there and see what all the Nikon people say on there.
Scott

·
PowdercoatBill
9,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Even with other lenses your photos are soft? This is what I'd do. Put your best lens on it and set it to f8, center point focus and see if the images are soft. Then do that with your second best lens. If it is just one lens, then it is a lens issue. If both lenses produce soft images then body may have to back to Nikon for calibration.
You may go www.fredmiranda.com and go to the Nikon boards and post your question there and see what all the Nikon people say on there.
Scott
Thanks for the info Scott. It does seem a bit soft with either lens I put on.
TKM I'm supposed to shoot a freind of mines car for him comin' up here soon. I'm gonna turn the shutter speed up a bit and let you guys know what happens. I was thinking the opposite with the shutter speed. (I told ya I thought it was the dumbass usein' it)

Thanks for all your help guys!:p

Bfreez28 Nice very nice!

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
I recently did the same with my D90. I want to maximize the potential of my camera so not as much editing needs to be done after. These was taken thursday night.

Yeah, I'm kinda torn on this one, not sure if it is good or not. Can you post up more pics from this set for comparison?!!!:-D

I know you just didn't take one picture and call it a night!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Yeah, I'm kinda torn on this one, not sure if it is good or not. Can you post up more pics from this set for comparison?!!!:-D

I know you just didn't take one picture and call it a night!!
I second that, we need to evaluate some more photos from this set.:-D

·
Outrunning the Big Blocks
3,270 Posts
I concur,more pics.
Nice abs!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts